• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Raw Denim

twin8885

Reaction score
Anyone purchase any black raw or one wash denim from coldrice? If so, which ones and any pics?

Does the black raw also have the same wear as a normal indigo denim?

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
no other color wears the same as indigo. have a look at the 710 here http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/samurai_boast/ it was worn every day for 18 months. I don't know how they could fade so well.
Anyway those are sold out right now, but they will make more after the summer or something like that. The denim is 17 oz.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horriblyjollyjinx
no other color wears the same as indigo. have a look at the 710 here http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/samurai_boast/ it was worn every day for 18 months. I don't know how they could fade so well.
Anyway those are sold out right now, but they will make more after the summer or something like that. The denim is 17 oz.

200503151633.jpg

Them are some nice dungarees.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I got the Denime 66 in raw black from Coldrice. I'm washed them once and worn them a few times - they don't show any wear yet.

twin8885

Reaction score
Baron, how do your denime 55's fit? I am debating between a pair of black full counts, denimes, sugar canes or this awesome pair of somet's i saw.

But, i like my jeans to be more looser and I am not sure which would be.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
twin-

the denimes are a 1966 501 repro fit. that is to say, the slimmest of all 501 styles, but not nearly as slim and modern as somet. i bet they are similar to the sugarcanes (probably a '47?) and the full count, which is probably also a 66 style. From what you say, I'd stay away from the somet and order one of the other three - whichever strikes your fancy. order your true size - they'll have a natural looseness in the seat and thigh.

twin8885

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Baron, I'll def. stay away from the Somets, they are pretty pricey too.

Another option that seems to be pretty cool are the SDA DP-292, which is studio's black version of the 103's. Does anyone have a link to them?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
200503151633.jpg

Them are some nice dungarees.

omg, I hope my RB6b look like that.

Nice.
inlove.gif

kjfarr

Reaction score
i bet they are similar to the sugarcanes (probably a '47?) and the full count, which is probably also a 66 style.
G'morning. I have both the 66 black, and the '47's. The 66's are a slimmer cut, definitely. They probably wouldn't satisfy someone looking for a "skinny" jean, but if you're searching for a slim cut, a stovepipe leg, pocket room, and space for the family jewels *ahem*, these should do nicely. The 47's, by the way of approximation, are somewhat like Levis 505's- a "relaxed fit"- but the similarity stops there. Levis don't drape nearly as well as the SC. The drape is boss.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
i've worn my sorahiko's sulfur overdyes for about a year- maybe 6 months of actual wear- just some light wear- nothing really noticable. i think they'll take a long time to break in.

tangerine

Reaction score
^^ aren't these them on the right? (like my grammar?)

sorahiko10.jpg

from the need denim...? thread

xcoldricex

Reaction score
yeah those are the ones. ok i lied. i wore them today and they are showing wear. some of the stitching is wearing and my thighs and front pockets are wearing (over the year i put everything in my front pockets (i was in shady parts of china for a good part of the year). it's not super noticable but its getting there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads