• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Raw Denim Jeans

TheDon

Reaction score
Im looking for some nice low contrast black raw jeans.

I just got a pair of Cheap Mondays in a greyish black raw and I love the fit but its too high rise.

I want a low rise, skinny to straight fit. Looking for something not too pricey either thanks

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're willing to spend a bit more you could look into Naked & Famous. Mauro at Farinelli's carries them although his current stock might be low after all his sick-diculous recent sales. They have a black one that retail around $125 or so.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
samurai 710 is the benchmark raw black denim IMO

APC NS and N&F blacks are nice as well (the APCs are much darker than the N&F, with a very visible 'streaking').

2sweet

Reaction score
What about the new fit Levi's 501 STF's in black? They're available all over at around $35.

changed

Reaction score
I'm waiting for Mauro to get the black NS's...

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up Levi's 511 in black. Not raw but great fit for $35.

2sweet

Reaction score
Does anyone aside from emos/scenesters wear black jeans? i.e., normal people? Haven't had a pair of black jeans in maybe ten years, more than that.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of Somet 005s from BiG; we'll see what they look like when they get here
peepwall[1].gif

Bring The Noise

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
If you're willing to spend a bit more you could look into Naked & Famous. Mauro at Farinelli's carries them although his current stock might be low after all his sick-diculous recent sales. They have a black one that retail around $125 or so.

I have these, naked and famous skinny guy power black stretch
highly recommended, very nice pair of jeans at a nice price

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changed
I'm waiting for Mauro to get the black NS's...

we've had black NS for like two months now!

truestorytravis

Reaction score
i don't know if context still has the KMW x Context 1980, but those are probably the best black jean out there. I might also check out the black Iron Heart's at Self Edge. They are very similar to the KMW's. Nom de Guerre also makes a nice black jean.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2sweet
Does anyone aside from emos/scenesters wear black jeans? i.e., normal people? Haven't had a pair of black jeans in maybe ten years, more than that.

Yes. I consider myself normal. I think having at least one pair of black denim in the closet is a "should" have item for a guy.

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2sweet

Yes. Beatniks and metalheads. Really though, they're pretty versatile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads