• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black pants with dark brown shoes.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I asked this about 2 years ago and the answer was categorically "are you f***ng stupid. hell no."

but now its okay

DMcG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I think I asked this about 2 years ago and the answer was categorically "are you f***ng stupid. hell no."

but now its okay

Yeah, I thought the consensus around here was that "black pants are for waiter". I'd like to see some pictures of this look as I have a hard time imagining it.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

but now its okay

I'd still say hell no, and think you're f***ing stupid, if it will make you happy.
laugh.gif

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's an horrible look. Who would like to draw attention to his feet? Except of course on a shoe fetishist internet forum...

!luc

Niels

Reaction score
I wear black pants a lot, but always with black shoes. Black and brown together is a no go IMHO

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see no problem with black pants and brown shoes as long as the occasion is not so "formal" so as to require black oxfords/bals. For example, I can think of a lot of nice brown footwear to go with black denim or black (or dark grey) flannel trousers. Dark brown suede ankle boots, for example, or burgundy ankle boots.
(Actually, I do not know why but I feel more inclined to do this combiantion with ankle boots than with shoes).
In any case, basically, it is just a question of combining the right shade of black with the right shade of brown.
Of course, if you are a waiter you might wish to check with your boss before innovating the dress code of the restaurant.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure why anybody would see anything wrong with it. I do it. F**k the rules.

Would I do it with anything but very dark brown? Nope, that would look silly.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

but now its okay

Originally Posted by acidicboy
I'd still say hell no, and think you're f***ing stupid, if it will make you happy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Sator
I'll second it to make you totally ecstatic.

And yes black trousers are for waiters.

And I'll third it to bring joy to your heart

Omegablogger

Reaction score
You still workin' on that, Sir?

bit.jpg

When I got home there was a package from Mr Quality Seller, so I popped the unpressed and still with the tags jacket on for take 2.

bit1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads