1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Black Oxfords for Wedding

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by SteezNuts, Apr 7, 2016.

1. SteezNuts

SteezNuts Senior member

Hello,

I have a wedding coming up (as a groomsman if that matters) and in need of black cap toe oxfords. I did a few searches and nothing came up so my question is: would black oxfords with a natural sole be too casual? These are the shoes in question: http://www.wjk-exclusive.com/item/boots/11ss/8016lc0599.html. I would also wear these for other formal events and interviews. If anything, I could always dye them black but curious to hear what you think.

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Leather soles are maybe more formal than rubber (certainly nicer), but the shape of those shoes is much too casual for a wedding.

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

The shape of those is really odd @SteezNuts . No need to dye the bottom of leather soles.

4. SteezNuts

SteezNuts Senior member

5. Claghorn

How much does Jilan Swirijaya cost in Japan?

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I like wjk, but the shoes are based on old Carpe Diem shoes, which are meant for that arte povera look. Not particularly compatible with traditional weddings.

7. Claghorn

They definitely made me think SW&D. I think in part the shape as well as the way the sole turns up so dramatically at the toe.

8. SteezNuts

SteezNuts Senior member

Ya I lurk mostly in SW&D which is why I liked them so much. I'll check out the brand you mentioned.

IIRC wjk borrowed from Carpe so I can see why the look wouldn't match for a wedding.

Thanks for the help guys.

1 person likes this.
  9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Hey dood - just did this myself. Echoing the others and saying don't wear WJK as wedding/formal shoes. You can try:

Carmina (~450, Skoaktiebolaget, Carmina, The Armoury)
    Carlos Santos (Skoaktiebolaget - run by @Leaves , who is as friendly as he is tall - 325)
    Justin Fitzpatrick (~400, this is where I ultimately bought mine - I have met Justin a couple of times and he's a great guy)
    Allen Edmonds (can be found on ebay for 100-150, or new for ~300 I believe)