1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Black moleskin jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by george_yu, Apr 8, 2004.

1. george_yu

george_yu New Member

I'm currently looking for a slim-fitting, black moleskin sports jacket cut in a modern style (narrow lapels, high notch, etc.). No idea where to start looking - would someone be able to point out a few examples and/or manufacturers? BTW I do not make purchases online, so ebay isn't an option.

Just recently I had a similar jacket destroyed at the dry cleaners, which is the reason I'm looking for a replacement. Fitted very well, and was rather elegant, yet casual.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I am nearly sure that Helmut Lang made just that jacket a couple of seasons ago. It might have been made as part of a suit, but whatever.

3. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Why not?  Bluefly and eBay can open up a whole new world.  I had your attitude a few years ago, but then I realized it is much easier for a waiter to steal your credit card numbers with a swipe device than a hacker to steal it over the net.

4. george_yu

george_yu New Member

I like to try things on before I buy them. I know there are returns policies, but I don't like using them time after time. Being a slim, athletic person, I find that even when shopping I have to try on many things just to find one sufficiently slim-fitting (anything between 38- and 42-inch shoulder measurements, non-muscular chest and a 28-30 inch waist).