• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black (luxury) t-shirt advice.

Pecman

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum and i have being looking around but i could not find a similar thread ...
So here we go..
I want to buy some amazing black t-shirts with the best fabrics that makes a black t-shirt transform into something extremely manly mixed with expensive look and even dressy... i know which are the best..
Im in love with Giorgio Armani black T-shirts and even some polo ones... even Mr. GIORGIO wears the t-shirts and they look amazing...the problem is that i dont want to invest that amount of money $$$ for a t shirt that i know part of that big price tag has to do with the brand name.. designer.
I want the same look and quality( if possible) and i dont care about the brand name. Is that possible? Please help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201207-015037_Pinterest.jpg
    Screenshot_20201207-015037_Pinterest.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 345

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Reddit's favorite tee shirts at various price points.

The photo your shared here involves a very particular fit and drape. It's impossible to recommend something that will fit like that on you, and impossible to name the exact blend just from looking at the photo... So you just need to try a lot of tee shirts on to get close to that effect. That tee shirt is also well-worn, which will make it even harder to find exactly what you want.

Pecman

Reaction score
But the picture is just to get the idea... because there are huge amount of regular black shirts... that look like regular t shirts... the expensive ones look different .. little silky.. expensive looking

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201207-232240_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201207-232240_Samsung Internet.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 583

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In fact, most likely you won't find the same quality t-shirts as you want only cheaper. I had a Giorgio Armani T-shirt and I can say with confidence that the best quality of the material I have never seen before.

I disagree! You’ve never worn a genuine luxury cotton wolf t-shirt pictured above.

Pecman

Reaction score
In fact, most likely you won't find the same quality t-shirts as you want only cheaper. I had a Giorgio Armani T-shirt and I can say with confidence that the best quality of the material I have never seen before.
Many people can no see the difference... but for me... just looking at them, am like.. wow! Is like wearing a suit

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you really insist on this, try Orlebar Brown. It fits the description of what you want. Just know that most people will see this as a black t-shirt and that's it.

Panama

Reaction score
If I bought a premium t-shirt it wouldn't be from Armani, Versace, Boss, D&G etc...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads