• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black loafers with khakis?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, they do work together.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless you're digging for clams or walking in the ocean, never roll up your pants. The look is fine; Jack Lemon did it quite a bit in the 60s.

P.S. You could do much better for shoes at that price point in B&S.

EDIT: damn it, didn't notice this was in SW&D. God knows what you consider normal over here.
uhoh.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
+1 I'm a fan of the 2 colors together
9d6d9d33-2223-4e2f-ad92-b939424cc0ed.main.jpg
db6f3218-96b6-4652-875c-192bbcba727f.main.jpg
not a fan of those shoes in the link

Johnathan

Reaction score
I'd prefer oxblood or brown, but black will do just fine.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
these would look sick with tan khakis
3297620558_9374372a92_o.jpg
I think these will look really good with tan trews, esp after you change the pink laces to tan which the shoes come with an extra set of
s9xd-c174-cta-o4-22320.jpg

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look sick right now, might want to get them checked.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm another fan of the colors together, but I'm not a fan of the shoes in the link.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMHO, those quoddy's aren't too nice-looking, although I'm sure they're good quality and all. Maybe I'm the only one in the thread who feels this way, but I dislike black shoes in general. Even for formal situations, I prefer midnight (not navy) blue.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the quoaddys would look so much better in brown imo, the shape and texture are very casual. Id suggest a black penny loafer as GS posted. But not a big fan of black shoes either.

tyates

Reaction score
thanks for the comments. Doesn't sound like everyone is loving the Quoddys? Is it the color/craftmanship? I have a pair of their boat shoes and can't complain about the quality.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by glianne
black loafers and khakis well its quite good combination but try the most elegant suit. well guys I'm here to give you help to solve your problem when it comes to your suit. I am a fashion designer who specialize in zoot suit exclusively for men. I can give you more ideas,specially for suit combination

zoot suit me up homes, I wanna be the flyest mothafucka whose ever lived.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads