• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Label and Polo SUITS! Peak lapels! Even a solid navy! Plus vest and sportcoat!

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some absolutely killer stuff today. Pics don't do 'em justice.

We'll start with my favorite. This is a lovely charcoal stripe with awesome peak lapels, size 46R, from Black Label. This is slim and trim and perfect for a night out. Conservative enough for the office, too. I find this color combination very pleasing, particularly with the peaks. The stripes are subtle, but still have presence. If this were my size, I'd be wearing it now.

graypeak2.jpg

Everything about this suit is desirable. Double-vented coat, fully canvassed, flat-front trousers, side adjusters (no belt loops). NWT, with unhemmed trousers. Really, an incredible suit. My pics don't do it justice.

graypeak.jpg

Approximate measurements:
Chest: 48
Shoulder: 19.75
Sleeves: 25
Length from bottom of collar: 30.5

Price: $465 shipped in the continental U.S.

Next up is another peaked-lapel number, only in navy. Size 44L. I wish you could see the stripes on this in person. They're a silvery white, and they shimmer in the sun. Gorgeous. This is from the Polo line, and it's one of the nicer Polo suits I've seen. (Trust me, I've seen a lot of Polo suits.) Double vents on the coat, with flat-front trousers and side adjusters rather than belt loops. Plus there's a ticket pocket!

3buttonpeakclose-1.jpg

3buttonpeak-1.jpg

Please excuse the wrinkles in the pic. Suit needs a good steaming. (Label says it's all wool, not some crazy wrinkly blend, lest you get the wrong idea.)

Chest: 47
Shoulder: 18.75-19
Sleeves: 26.5
Length from bottom of collar: 33

Price: $425 shipped in the U.S.

Here's a solid navy suit from Polo. The perfect workhorse. Ideal for work, interviews, weddings, funerals, any event you can think of short of black tie. Very hard to find a solid at a good price, and I'm going to offer what I think is a very good price. This is tagged as a 46R, but that's wrong. It's really a 42-44R, depending on how slim you want it to fit. Single vent, flat-front trousers, belt loops.

navy.jpg

Here's a closeup to show the pickstitching. The color looks artificially light here, but the suit is a plain navy.

navyclose.jpg

I noticed after I got home that the trousers were hemmed, which seemed odd. I assumed someone ordered it and didn't pick it up. But then I took the measurements and understood what had happened. Ain't no 46 fitting in this:

Chest: 46
Shoulders: 19.5
Sleeves: 24.5
Length from bottom of collar: 31

Because of the missizing, I also measured the trousers. Laid flat, the waistband measures 40 inches across, taken on the top. That's outside to outside, not within the waistband. They've been hemmed to 30 inches, measuring the seam from bottom of cuff to crotch. There's 1.5 inch cuffs that could be let out.

PLEASE doublecheck the measurements. I've measured this three times already, but I'll do so again before sending this out to you. Price will be $385 shipped in the U.S.

Next we have a solid navy sportcoat from Ralph's fully canvassed signature line. Size 40S. It's the same as a couple I sold previously. Extremely sharp styling in a nice weight for fall and winter. Nicely slim, pleasantly fuzzy, handsome roped shoulders, even a ticket pocket! Here's the pic from last time around:

blazer.jpg

You know I like it if I'm willing to model it for you.

Chest: 42
Sleeves: 24.5 (unfinished)
Length: 29
Shoulder: 18.5

I think I asked $355 last time, so I'll ask the same amount for this one.

Finally, we have a vest that I picked up because it's awesome. It's black, but it's still awesome. Maybe it's the covered buttons. It's from Ralph's RR line. I hope someone here sees the potential in it.

vest.jpg

It's marked a "medium" but that's nonsense. Here's the measurements:
Directly under the arm holes: 40
Length from top to bottom of point: 22

Price is $75 shipped in the U.S.

That's it, except for the fine print, of which you should read every word: My hangers aren't included; insurance is optional at $2 per $100, but if you decline it, you accept all responsibility if the item arrives damaged or not at all; international shipping is available on a case-by-case basis, and at an additional fee. I'd prefer payment by Google Checkout, but I'll take PayPal if you insist, if you're willing to split the cost with me -- that would add 2 percent to your total. Please ask all questions before purchasing.

PM if interested, and thanks for looking. I've got a lot of nice shirts in smaller sizes coming up next, but I'm not sure when I'll get them photographed.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great stuff Doc!

Especially like the charcoal suit and the blue jacket. The navy suit is great for someone needing the basics, too. Good luck with the sales, as always.

(I especially like that you've got some great RL stuff in stock just as I'm on hiatus for new stuff for a couple of weeks because of an upcoming vacation - together we gotta keep the board well-supplied with Ralph!
smile.gif
)

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The solid navy is nice. Made in Italy?

I wish that first suit was my size.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Man I want the 46. If I could wear flat-fronts I would have bought it by now.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are the pants on the navy suit flatfront?

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
The solid navy is nice. Made in Italy?

Yep.

Are the pants on the navy suit flatfront?

Yep.

I wish that first suit was my size.

You and me both, brother.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is the solid blue 42/44 black label? do you know who made it?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Solid blue suit is Polo blue label, by Corneliani.

Or is it Ma.Co? I thought there was some controversy about that based on the labels.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doc, the black vest is actually from RRL, the vintage / western-inpired line which was known around SF denimhead circle for its Japan-made raw selvage jeans. RRL is the name of Ralph's ranch, IIRC.

mikeynyc

Reaction score
I just bought a similar suit to the first one.
Peak lapels, double vent, side tabs, no belt loops, flat front - only diffs was that min has a ticket pocket and is three button. I wore it to a wedding last week and it felt great to have on.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Doc, the black vest is actually from RRL, the vintage / western-inpired line which was known around SF denimhead circle for its Japan-made raw selvage jeans. RRL is the name of Ralph's ranch, IIRC.

Thanks. That's what I wrote originally, but then got nervous I was listing it incorrectly.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In response to some questions: I think the trouser waist on the solid navy suit is about 39 inches. I tried taking the measurement on the inside of the waistband and that's what I got.

Also, because of the misslabeling, I'd be willing to accept a return on the navy suit if it's not as I describe. Full refund of purchase price, as long as it's returned in the same condition it's sent, with tags attached, within a week of receipt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads