• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Khakis for casual wear?

chedomani

Reaction score
Hey guys,

With what articles of clothing would black khaki pants ever be ok for casual wear...or would it ever be ok?

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chedomani
Hey guys,

With what articles of clothing would black khaki pants ever be ok for casual wear...or would it ever be ok?

Is that like, a black &, khaki cookie ?

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
black pants are required when bussing tables.
or with a white cotton jacket when cleaning the mens rest room.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
hahha...thanks a tailor, i think you answered my question

He didn't, that might be true for businesswear but there's no way that apply to casualwear. Its a ******* pair of black pants you can pair it with pretty much anything except a white dress shirt (to avoid the waiter look).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
He didn't, that might be true for businesswear but there's no way that apply to casualwear. Its a ******* pair of black pants you can pair it with pretty much anything except a white dress shirt (to avoid the waiter look).

I disagree. Black pairs well with very few things. Too stark. I suppose that a dulled black is a little more versatile, but still not nearly as versatile as grey or midnight blue.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Isn't black khaki a slight oxymoron?

Congratulations on being the second person to point that out
teacha.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Congratulations on being the second person to point that out
teacha.gif

always a bridesmaid, never a bride...
frown.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I disagree. Black pairs well with very few things. Too stark. I suppose that a dulled black is a little more versatile, but still not nearly as versatile as grey or midnight blue.

Haha, certainly but it is still quite versatile. I am just pissed at the "no black allowed" policy of the menswear forum; dogma is fine in religious texts but end up looking sort of stupid when talking about casualwear.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
what casual color shoes should black pants be paired with?

yellow flip flops.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've yet to make a pair of black pants work without a suit.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although I can't admit this on the Menswear forum, I wear black "khaki's" with an OCBD of any pastel color (light blue, pink, french blue, gray, ecru, stripes, plaid, checks...) or turtleneck sweaters in gray or off-white, paired with a black/white herringbone jacket. I also just bought a gray suede jacket that should look great with them, too. I'd also wear polo shirts in the same colors, as well as darker colors like burgundy, red with black checks, etc. I, too, think it's a little too dogmatic to say that everyone who wear black pants looks like a waiter. Ridiculous!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads