1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Black jeans

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Zubberah

Zubberah Senior member

I have 14 pairs and wear only jet black jeans. I do not own any other colour and would never even contemplate wearing blue denim in any shade. Why be one of the crowd. But I won't wear faded black. Must be dressy black. Love em and will always wear them. Clearly I'm not representative of other forum posters but, hey, I like that. Â [​IMG] PS - On casual Friday, I am right now wearing my 1984 vintage Versace Jeans Couture black jeans. The fit remains amazing, no fading whatsoever and beautiful cut. Life is good.

2. stache

stache Senior member

I find that when I travel, I can usually go with a pair of blue and a pair of black jeans, unless it's a really warm climate. I like to pack light. Sometimes I go with just one color if I'm pretty sure of the kind of spots I will be visiting. Black jeans will get you into almost any restaurant if the jacket is correct. I have a pair that I had copied into black linen that I enjoy wearing.

3. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

Danny- What type of shoes do you wear with your black jeans? Just curious.

4. Johnny P

Johnny P New Member

Interesting topic since i put on an older pair earlier this week and was wondering where they stood these days? Didn't like the look too much but it was just for work. Used to wear these out to clubs in the late 90's with black shoes and white & black or grey tops...wouldn't go with that look anymore.

I can only see black shoes unless the jeans are quite distressed and not too dark.

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I'm with you there. Very distressed jeans can be worn with brown or white shoes (a la Dior Homme), but just jet black jeans are not very versatile in that respect. I wear black jeans with black monkstrap shoes, since the jeans tend to look like a very heavy, fitted trouser.

6. Zubberah

Zubberah Senior member

(Baby Chickpea @ 16 Dec. 2004, 9:44) I have 14 pairs and wear only jet black jeans. I do not own any other colour and would never even contemplate wearing blue denim in any shade. Why be one of the crowd. But I won't wear faded black. Must be dressy black. Love em and will always wear them. Clearly I'm not representative of other forum posters but, hey, I like that. Â [​IMG] PS - On casual Friday, I am right now wearing my 1984 vintage Versace Jeans Couture black jeans. The fit remains amazing, no fading whatsoever and beautiful cut. Life is good.
    Danny- What type of shoes do you wear with your black jeans? Â Just curious.
    Black (of course).

7. joseanes

joseanes Senior member

May be versatile, but I prefer to avoid jeans when traveling.
    Jeans are not great for providing warmth, for quick drying, and for the unexpected dressy situation that I may find. They are great for coordinating them, and for their durability.

However, I do love jeans.
    I own three blue, and one jet black that I recently purchased and have found to be highly versatile. I wish I had bought them before. Will have to try black jeans with a jacket. It may change my opinion about them for traveling.