Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Black jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, May 27, 2006.

1. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I own two, a pair of Acne jeans and a pair of levi 514 (see an older thread on black jeans where getsmart posted pictures of those, they look really good and are pretty cheap). I personnally only like slim fitted black jeans, anything baggier looks out of place in that color IMHO.

2. gza

gza Senior member

I've got one pair from John Varvatos that isn't overdyed (only the warp is black). They've got a very regular ralfish fit (moderate rise, neither slim nor loose, slight bootcut), which makes them relatively versatile for a pair of black jeans. Like Darknworn, I think a white button-front complements them well - I've got one from Margiela with black buttons that looks particularly good with black denim. I still don't find myself wearing them much, though. I had high hopes early on that they would fade like a pair of indigo jeans (they are raw, after all), but unfortunately the dye is colorfast. So I'd say they play just a niche role in my wardrobe.

3. DGP

DGP Senior member

So I guess the thing I'm still wondering most is whether black is really back with regards to denim. I feel like I am seeing more and more of it in stores, but not that much more on people. I know that the dark indigo craze is starting to really hit, did black truly come with it, and would a pair of black jeans be a sound investment, or for maximum usability is dark indigo still a better bet?

4. kronik

kronik Senior member

I'm a grown ass man - if I want to wear black jeans, I'll wear black jeans. [​IMG]

In regards to fit, I dunno, I ordered the RB6.b fit unseen because I knew I wouldn't want to keep the RB6.s but you can only exchange there.. and I just purchased a couple pairs prior to those that were not dry and wanted 2 pairs of dry.

5. Homme

Homme Senior member

I think my next pair of jeans will be a black pair, have my eye on these :

[​IMG]

Regular Ralf Black Pocket Stitch

6. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

So I guess the thing I'm still wondering most is whether black is really back with regards to denim. I feel like I am seeing more and more of it in stores, but not that much more on people. I know that the dark indigo craze is starting to really hit, did black truly come with it, and would a pair of black jeans be a sound investment, or for maximum usability is dark indigo still a better bet?
    as long as their not stonewashed [​IMG]

7. keal

keal Senior member

I bought a throwaway pair of Calvin Klein overdye last year - but kept it as it's dark enough to replace my dress pants when I have a feeling I might be drinking more than usual and could spill food and drink.

I think if the jeans are overdyed, they're good for dressing up. If they're faded, then break out the cotton t-shirts and sneakers to go with it [​IMG]

8. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

Black jeans have a lot of baggage and a lot of attitude. Wear them; don't let them wear you! [​IMG]

The "return" of black denim (which I am not convinced of, as a trend) is IMO not related to the raw/dark indigo trend (which is definitely penetrating the wider market.)

9. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

I bought a throwaway pair of Calvin Klein overdye last year - but kept it as it's dark enough to replace my dress pants when I have a feeling I might be drinking more than usual and could spill food and drink.

I think if the jeans are overdyed, they're good for dressing up. If they're faded, then break out the cotton t-shirts and sneakers to go with it [​IMG]

the overdyed black APC new standards are delightful [​IMG]

10. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

black jeans are punk rock.

$200 black jeans are not.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. keal

keal Senior member

the overdyed black APC new standards are delightful [​IMG]

I think I'll add that to my Christmas wish list [​IMG]

12. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

black jeans are punk rock. $200 black jeans are not. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    oh but $300 black jeans are [​IMG]

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

oh but $300 black jeans are [​IMG]

lol, yea less than $50 or more than $300 is definitely punk as fuck

14. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

yeah since when is punk about being cheap anyway. they're fashion whores too.

15. Mr Sola

Mr Sola Senior member

Punk=$700 sunglasses, $50 jeans, $10 hooker, free drugs