• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black jeans for ex-cons only?

hchamp

Reaction score
I doubt anyone would ever mistake me for a metal-head, so those associations don't bother me. I took a closer look at the people around me today as I was walking downtown and noticed that the people who were wearing black denim or some kind of black cotton pants were by and large disreputable looking sorts. So I can see how this "ex-con" reference might have arisen. That's not going to stop me from wearing black jeans. But I won't dismiss these negative associations so quickly either.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't like black jeans. I like blue jeans. Just a preference thing.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Black jeans are dope despite what fok says.

Once I sell off my pbj, apc, samurai and somets I'll probably get black dior 21s.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zacharydschroeder
this thread is oddly timed. For the first time since I was about 10, I have been thinking about getting a pair of black jeans. If nothing else, looking good in black jeans may earn one extra points, no?

I am not sure where they are, but I could try to get those orange tab 505's back to you.

Zubberah

Reaction score
Wear what you want when you want. Ignore silly Fashion "rules" like this. I have 14 pairs of black jeans - an no jeans in any other colour. Have worn black jeans for last 20 years and will continue to do so. Seriously. Are people REALLY influenced by "rules" ? More to the point, so they have such low self esteem and confidence that they need others to tell them what to wear?

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Those coated Thin Finns posted on this forum earlier looked quite nice. Don't know if I'd have the balls *of lack of* to wear them though.

whodini: Nice pickup!

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I am not sure where they are, but I could try to get those orange tab 505's back to you.

meh. don't lose any sleep over it. they looked rather odd on me.

fracmeister

Reaction score
All of my jeans are black.... I am an ex- neo-con so maybe that explains it.

Mrs. Savage

Reaction score
Earnest Sewn Kyrre oil slick have a nice black over dye on blue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads