1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Black Grenadine Tie

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator Sartoris, May 28, 2006.

1. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Would a black grenadine be more appropriate with a navy suit, a charcoal suit, or a grey suit?

Yes.

(Which is to say, all of the above. Oh, and charcoal is gray.)

2. coltboy75

coltboy75 Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alliswell
    Call Paul Winston at Chipp2 in New York - (212) 687-0850. If he's got the color you want, the price cannot be beaten.

I called and he shipped me sample swatches of the grenadine. I have not seen the tie or pictures of it, but he is almost half the cost of everyone else. I can mail the samples to anyone interested, just PM me your address.

I bought a navy grenadine from Chipp2. Excellent service, fast ship, great product. I have swatches if you want them, just send me a PM.

3. JohnnyCrockett

JohnnyCrockett Senior member

4. JohnnyCrockett

JohnnyCrockett Senior member

Yes.

(Which is to say, all of the above. Oh, and charcoal is gray.)

Manton, thank you. Wearing black grenadine from Mountain & Sackett with dark grey 2B SB suit (side vents) and sky blue end-on-end shirt today. Love it.

5. jackdaw

jackdaw Well-Known Member

T. Lewin has something they call Panama in black that looks like grenadine to me.

6. Matt S

Matt S Senior member

T. Lewin has something they call Panama in black that looks like grenadine to me.

The panama tie is just a basket weave. While it has texture, it really can't be compared to a grenadine.