Black Friday

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by chasingred, Nov 10, 2010.

1. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

Black Friday is coming up, and in San Francisco, it's a damn madhouse. I went once and got so frustrated at the crowds that I wonder if it's even worth it this year. Thus, some questions:

1. Is it better to just wait for after Christmas sales?

2. Anyone know who puts on worthwhile Black Friday sales?

3. Anyone know of "early Black Friday sales?" I've heard of stores putting on Black Friday sales even the week before Thanksgiving.

2. Master Squirrel

Master Squirrel Senior member

I have my eye on some cheap carving chisels, but I don't think that will help anyone here. I can check on Brooks Brother's BF sale....

3. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

I have my eye on some cheap carving chisels, but I don't think that will help anyone here. I can check on Brooks Brother's BF sale....

Let us know. I doubt they'll have anything significant since the just ended a 25% off sale, and just before that, they had their FF sale.

4. Alex C

Alex C Senior member

Let us know. I doubt they'll have anything significant since the just ended a 25% off sale, and just before that, they had their FF sale.

Seconded. I'm looking to buy at least two Fitzgerald's this winter. Is BF the best time to be searching, or are the EOY sales better? I'd rather get them earlier, but there's no real reason I can't wait.

5. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

Better to wait after xmas for their semi annual. BF at least last year was 15% off till 12pm, which is less than preferred customer or FF. They usually have a 2/99 shirt sale though just before thanksgiving if you guys like their shirts and want to stock up. thats the cheapest basic shirts get.

6. MistyPioneer

MistyPioneer Member

I got an email this morning that the Kohls ad came out and they seem to have some good items on sale. Nothing that I have seen yet at any stores would make me want to camp out at 4 AM. Sears has been having "early Black Friday sales" but when I looked at their ads they are the same as their weekly ad, so I don't think they are worthwhile.

Heres the Kohl's ad if you want to take a look.
    http://www.black-friday.net/bf/kohls-black-friday.html
    and Sears
    http://www.black-friday.net/bf/sears-black-friday.html

7. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

I seem to remember that last year Brooks Brothers had a 40% off sale for a different department (shoes, accessories, etc.) each day in the week leading up to Christmas.

8. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

I seem to remember that last year Brooks Brothers had a 40% off sale for a different department (shoes, accessories, etc.) each day in the week leading up to Christmas.

That would be amazing.

9. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

10. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

Here is the thread from last year. The sale week was actually early December last year, not the week before Christmas.

Seems like it was just for footwear and accessories, but maybe that's good indication that after Christmas sales will be 40%+?

I called Saks and they're having a 25-30% sale on Black Friday. Kind of standard stuff. Might call Barneys, RL, and BB today. Will keep you guys updated.

11. caldervale

caldervale Well-Known Member

Seems like it was just for footwear and accessories, but maybe that's good indication that after Christmas sales will be 40%+?

I called Saks and they're having a 25-30% sale on Black Friday. Kind of standard stuff. Might call Barneys, RL, and BB today. Will keep you guys updated.

Please do - I'm interested to hear if there's anywhere worth hitting up.

12. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

Meh, things are thin. Ralph Lauren is having a 25% off everything sale for Black Friday, but that's basically the same sale they had just a few weeks ago. Brooks Brothers won't be having any sales until after Christmas. Am going to check around more, but it looks like this is a mainly "after Christmas sale" year.

13. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

That sale was for footwear and accessories on that day, every other day of that week a different department was 40% off.

14. Jesse

Jesse Active Member

The RL Factory Store is having a 30% off everything sale on Black Friday.

15. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

But the store opens at like 3 or 4AM and there's a ton of people