• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Friday - Did clothing retailers give up this year?

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh, yeah. Go figure. The only time CT merch. isn't marked 50% is during these "sales".

They're not fooling anyone who's visited the website more than a few times.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You seem shocked that so many people showed up, but YOU WENT. The reason for you going is probably the same reason for why other guys went. Were you one of those people who just "wanted to be part of the day's shopping festivities?"

The ironies of life are such, my friend.

If a parking lot becomes full, but no one is there to see it, does it make a sound? :confused:

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been seeing VinnyMac's post more and more, and many of his posts strongly suggest some time of frustration... What's up dude?

Last edited:

rclark

Reaction score
It seems like no stores are offering any unique specials for Black Friday this year. All I am seeing, if anything, is a regular sale for the entire weekend, but there are no incentives to come in on Friday specifically and there definitely aren't "Door Buster" sales.
Has anyone seen anything different from what I'm seeing?
To be fair, most of us here are into more "respectable" and high-end fashion lines, which often don't play the Black Friday/"sales" angle up very much because their clientele doesn't necessarily need it. I mean, when was the last time you saw well-dressed gentlemen lining up at 12AM and trampling over each other get "bargains" on Black Friday? It's just not consistent with these brands.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been seeing VinnyMac's post more and more, and many of his posts strongly suggest some time of frustration... What's up dude?
There's no frustration here...sorry if it comes off that way bro'. Sometimes, it's hard to transmit the lawlz through a keyboard.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
streetwear was better than mc this year

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score

To be fair, most of us here are into more "respectable" and high-end fashion lines, which often don't play the Black Friday/"sales" angle up very much because their clientele doesn't necessarily need it. I mean, when was the last time you saw well-dressed gentlemen lining up at 12AM and trampling over each other get "bargains" on Black Friday? It's just not consistent with these brands.

Haha, but they will stalk out the B+S for any deal they can find...Rarely do people here buy things at full price.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lgodoy31

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers had 50% off everything from 12am to 3am then 40% off after that. All the other places had the same old weekend sale...

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I didn't leave my hotel to go shopping until 1. p.m.; the stores I planned to visit didn't have door busters or sales at all. I had a very relaxing morning followed by a leisurely afternoon of shopping. :satisfied:

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After trying to go to a few sales a couple years back (for electronics), I realized the time and frustration is simply not worth the savings. I figure at most, I'll save $100-200 which isn't really worth the stress and hours in line. For clothing, I've actually found the online sales are often better than the in-store sales, particularly the Mr. Porter sales and when Yoox has their clearances.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I went to Off Fifth, which the one here has turned into an absolute dump. There was one item in the entire store that I saw that wasn't made for the outlet.

Then I wandered over to Neiman Marcus, and I was one of the few people in the store, but didn't even get a hello from an associate while eyeballing some Sauelsohn suits and a fantastic Cucinelli cashmere overcoat. Perhaps that's the reason they're closing their doors next year.

Last edited:

velvel87

Reaction score
What's a good realistic price for a zegna mainline suit anyway?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went to Off Fifth, which the one here has turned into an absolute dump. There was one item in the entire store that I saw that wasn't made for the outlet.
Then I wandered over to Neiman Marcus, and I was one of the few people in the store, but didn't even get a hello from an associate while eyeballing some Sauelsohn suits and a fantastic Cucinelli cashmere overcoat. Perhaps that's the reason they're closing their doors next year.

Personally, I'm generally annoyed when people ask me stuff while I'm browsing. If I need help, I'll ask for it. I can't imagine someone who needs help just aimlessly walking around the store waiting for someone to approach them. I prefer reserved sales people over aggressive ones - especially in retail clothing environment. Now, if you're talking about a car dealership, that's different. I can only go so far without the help of a salesman at a car dealership, but when I'm shopping for clothes I find it much more inviting when I'm not bothered.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's a good realistic price for a zegna mainline suit anyway?

Off Saks has them 50% off (or buy 1 get 1 free) all the time. I can't remember the exact pricing, but I think you'd be looking at 700-800 during that sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads