1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Black Friday - Did clothing retailers give up this year?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by velvel87, Nov 21, 2012.

1. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

While I agree that I don't like being nagged or anything, they didn't even greet me or anything.

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I like to be left alone to browse, but I am also bothered when they seem to ignore you completely. A brief greeting is all I need to feel welcome in a store.

1 person likes this.
  3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't think I have ever bought anything on Black Friday.

4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

This past Friday I bought some gasoline, some booze, and some bullets. All for my own enjoyment.

5. velvel87

velvel87 Senior member

Thanks, but finding real zegna at off 5th is very difficult. Especially in something you would want to wear in your size.

6. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I like a compromise, introduce yourself and let me know you're there, then let me do my thing. I feel the same way about car shopping actually, as i am a nerd in regards to that as well...

Neimans was a cold place for me for the longest time, i experienced the same thing as you. About 6 months ago i was introduced to my friends longtime Neimans SA, now i am greeted without fail. At times i am even offered a drink...

7. powerfulstyle

powerfulstyle New Member

Clad Cavalier is doing 30% off their entire store through tomorrow. Copped some N&F Duck Selvedge for $96 shipped.

8. Mute

Mute Senior member

You mean California?

1 person likes this.
  9. TonyThe Tailor

TonyThe Tailor Senior member

We did Small Business Saturday (closed Friday) and it was a huge success for us. We ran 50% off on sport shirts and tailored clothing that day and we started our end-of-bolt sale.

We kept our inventory tight this year (as did most retailers) and there are much fewer markdowns.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012