• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Fleece Watch

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I clicked on this, I 100% expected to tell you to get something else. After looking at the specs though, it actually isn't a bad choice. The dial is relatively clean and simple, very versatile in fact. The glass is sapphire and the watch is 100 M water resistant, two things I always look for in any sort of daily watch. You also know the movement is made by Seiko, which means you will know who can service it.

The only thing I hesitate about is that while Seiko is really a fantastic manufacturer, their lower quality movements are not so stellar. Their accuracy can be really pretty bad, worse than say an ETA counterpart. That said, you might be able to have it regulated and solve any potential issues.

All in all, $850 seems like a bit much for that watch, especially when you can get a Hamilton Jazzmaster for ~$500-600. However, if you really like it, you could do worse. If you managed to get a deal on it, it would make the watch much more attractive.

hanker565

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions everyone - you've convinced me to look elsewhere. Now leaning towards getting Halios Laguna diver - about the same price.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like it, buy it. Who cares what other people say

However, I'm sure the craftsmanship does not equal to a $850 watch. You could find a fantastic pre-owned one on watchuseek or here for that price.

I personally find the watch boring and unattractive but once again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Cheers

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On sale now for $250-300 on Brooks Brothers website.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics