Black Fleece Watch

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hanker565, Feb 7, 2013.

1. hanker565

hanker565 Senior member

2. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

When I clicked on this, I 100% expected to tell you to get something else. After looking at the specs though, it actually isn't a bad choice. The dial is relatively clean and simple, very versatile in fact. The glass is sapphire and the watch is 100 M water resistant, two things I always look for in any sort of daily watch. You also know the movement is made by Seiko, which means you will know who can service it.

The only thing I hesitate about is that while Seiko is really a fantastic manufacturer, their lower quality movements are not so stellar. Their accuracy can be really pretty bad, worse than say an ETA counterpart. That said, you might be able to have it regulated and solve any potential issues.

All in all, $850 seems like a bit much for that watch, especially when you can get a Hamilton Jazzmaster for ~$500-600. However, if you really like it, you could do worse. If you managed to get a deal on it, it would make the watch much more attractive.

3. pendragon

pendragon Senior member

4. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I'm not seeing the value here. I'd sooner buy a Hamilton and pocket the change.

5. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

6. hanker565

hanker565 Senior member

Thanks for the suggestions everyone - you've convinced me to look elsewhere. Now leaning towards getting Halios Laguna diver - about the same price.

7. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

If you like it, buy it. Who cares what other people say

However, I'm sure the craftsmanship does not equal to a $850 watch. You could find a fantastic pre-owned one on watchuseek or here for that price.

I personally find the watch boring and unattractive but once again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Cheers

8. smittycl

smittycl Senior member

On sale now for $250-300 on Brooks Brothers website.