• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Fleece SS09

poodlerock

Reaction score
Anyone heard/seen anything on the SS09 Black Fleece collection?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My guess is that it's still much too early. Last spring the collection arrived late, in May iirc; but the fall collection arrived in August as would be expected.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please no "locker tags"!

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will the designer still be Thom Browne? I've seen some Junya Watanabe Black Fleece stuff, too, but in-store only, not on the website.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, he's signed on for several more years. I wish they brought in some other designers though.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poodlerock
I haven't seen the Junya stuff--what is there?

really ugly, expensive shirts. an entire rack of them at the woodbury commons BB outlet

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Heh. They're throwbacks to the "fun" shirts that have different panels of fabric. From my understanding there will be more than just shirts from Watanabe for BB in the future, like this jacket which I kind of like:
comme-des-garcons-junya-watanabe-brooks-brothers-spring-2009-2-518x540.jpg
It would be better in softer blue shades.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looks like Brooks Brothers is outflanking Hickey with the trustafarian crowd!
Originally Posted by cchen
really ugly, expensive shirts. an entire rack of them at the woodbury commons BB outlet
Haha, that's where I saw them to. I would've gotten one if they weren't so damned expensive.

poodlerock

Reaction score
Do you guys ever run into any Thom Browne BF at outlets? I'm in Minnesota, and there's no BF in the few BB stores we have here and no BB outlet . . .

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
^ Looks like Brooks Brothers is outflanking Hickey with the trustafarian crowd!

Trad-stafarian
teacha.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poodlerock
Do you guys ever run into any Thom Browne BF at outlets? I'm in Minnesota, and there's no BF in the few BB stores we have here and no BB outlet . . .
Wish they would have kept the Brooks Bros. outlet in Albertville open. With that said, as you stated previously there wouldn't be any BF there anyway because there aren't any BB stores in Minnesota carry the line. I'd be interested as well to hear if BF turns up at any other BB outlets.....

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what, say, Suzuki from EG would do. Browne's actually done some nice looking pieces (from the pics, I've not seen them in person), with a bunch of throwaway stuff, too, of course. BB would do well to keep it a vibrant line, though. All Browne all the time can get old.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads