• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Fleece Shirt Sizing -- Shrunken?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are the Black Fleece shirts shrunken like the rest of Thom Browne's line? Can anyone give me shoulder and chest sizing for a BB1 shirt? I'm having trouble finding pertinent threads in B&S.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Are the Black Fleece shirts shrunken like the rest of Thom Browne's line? Can anyone give me shoulder and chest sizing for a BB1 shirt? I'm having trouble finding pertinent threads in B&S.

Ask BB - they list the sizes, too. E.g., a BB2 is a 15.5-34, I think.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617

I have 6 BBBF BB1 shirts. The average measurements:
Shoulder 17"
Chest 42" - 43"
Sleeve length 33"

In my experience, TB is about one size smaller than BBBF, eg TB 1 = BBBF 0

jhva3

Reaction score
I have a ton of them and pretty much every one fits a little differently. I don't know if they change by the season or by the maker or what, but it isn't consistent so be careful if you're buying them online and are particular about fit.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've found they have narrower shoulders than their regular BB counterparts. BB1 is about a 15/33.

I take the same size as Guy From Shanghai. His measurements are the same as mine. +/-
Unfortunately the collar size is a tad too small for me on the BB1 (I think it's a 15), so I've had to move the button or just wear them with sweaters or no tie.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai
I have 6 BBBF BB1 shirts. The average measurements: Shoulder 17" Chest 42" - 43" Sleeve length 33" In my experience, TB is about one size smaller than BBBF, eg TB 1 = BBBF 0
Haven't taken a tape measure to my 4 shirts but that sounds right. I had a couple of TB0's that I sold, they looked like my wife's shirts.
Originally Posted by faketrain
from my experience with black fleece shirts, their sleeves are really long
I've heard that also. The BB1 are ok for me however I have one BB2 that fits in the body but the sleeves are long.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found my BBBF shirts to be a narrow boxy shape. Narrow shoulders, minor suppression.

elgreco

Reaction score
You all must have T. Rex arms. I'm wearing a black fleece shirt right now and I have to wear the sleeves rolled up because they're too damn short to be comfortable buttoned at the wrist. Then again I must have Australopithecus arms for a BB4.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must say that the new season BBBF shirts have gone down hill,the most recent ones I purchased are horrible. Button roll is messed up (due to button positioning) and the sleeves are too long.
Vox,I want my shirts back
devil.gif
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads