• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Fleece on Gilt

jhva3

Reaction score
Just got back from BB and boy was it an experience. My usual rep wasn't there and I had to deal with a rude old lady. It went a little something like this:

OL: That is much too small
ME: It looks fine to me
OL: No, I have to be honest, it looks terrible. You must return it.
ME: I can't return it, I don't have a receipt. Can you please just measure me to finish the trousers and the cuffs.
OL: It just isn't going to look right. Oh my god, what is that? (Indicating the trousers)
ME: Do the trousers fit improperly as well?
OL: I've never seen that before.
ME: Oh, it is a button fly, it is typical on this line. Can you please make me 1.75" cuffs?
OL: You don't have enough material for cuffs, the pants are much too short.
ME: They are about 38" unhemmed and I have about a 30" inseam.
TAILOR: I can make cuffs.
ME: Can you please finish the sleeves with functional buttons please.
OL: No, we can't do that, they won't cut into a Black Fleece suit.
ME: I have another one that came with finished cuffs with functional buttons.
OL: I will check with my manager, but it is going to be very expensive.
ME: Why would it be any more than your other suits?
OL: It is twelve dollars a button, so that would be ninety six dollars
ME: There are only two buttons on each cuff. . .
OL: We will have to send it out to our facility on Long Island.

I was so happy that they were sending it out. She'd never seen a black fleece suit before. I'm sure some of you agree with her about the cut of the suit, but I like it and I wish she was more knowledgeable. It was really ridiculous that I pretty much had to fight with her to make basic alterations to the suit and that she thought for some reason that they couldn't put working buttons on it. I can see why they were unable to sell any of them now.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be a little worried about having BB put working cuff buttons on a suit jacket. Even when I make sure the sleeves are marked where I want, they always (100% certainty) come back tailored too long.

jhva3

Reaction score
Yeah, I actually don't need the arms altered at all, so as long as they can put them in properly I should be alright there.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chestercopperpot
I wish Black Fleece was still made by Caruso.

Originally Posted by JayJay
So do I, and I would still be buying it.

The fitzgerald line has become more appealing to me since the Southwick BF stuff came out.

Even though fitz is probably southwick as well, they have a better cut imo

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont get BF any more... the older stuff 2007 and 2008 is choice....

new stuff not so much. they use cheap liners and the details just arnt the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics