• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Fleece on Gilt

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pendragon
http://cdn1.gilt.com/images/share/up...?51_1279312469

Who wears this stuff at any price?

Let me guess. You don't remember the 70s
laugh.gif

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like BBBF and (after much deliberation) I ended up buying the blue pinstripe suit. When it arrives, I'll be interested to compare it against my two US-made BBBF suits.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chestercopperpot
I wish Black Fleece was still made by Caruso.
So do I, and I would still be buying it.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What factory are the Black Fleece shirts made in? Is it still in the US? I just noticed that BB has raised prices for shirts from $150 to $165
confused.gif

jhva3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
has anyone's suits arrived yet?

I got mine. Looks like it is from 2008(I think, no season, made in Italy). A little looser in the body and longer than the 2007 one I had(about 2 inches, looks pretty conservative besides the thin lapels) and the fabric is lower(but not low) quality. Double vented, which is nice. Last one I had was center-vented. They went for a full lining, whereas the previous one I had was half-lined. I also remember receiving a pretty nice garment bag with my suit, but I guess they did away with these after they dropped the MSRP by 800 bucks.

I sort of wish I bought more, but I was nervous because I have been burnt by gilt in the past and it wasn't really clear what season these were from. Maybe they'll have another run of them(or someone on SF bought the wrong size). It seemed like they had a million.

Now I'm off to BB to see if I can get them to finish the sleeves and cuffs for free.

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
What factory are the Black Fleece shirts made in? Is it still in the US? I just noticed that BB has raised prices for shirts from $150 to $165
confused.gif

They're made by Garland in NC

that's another bummer that their prices went up too.

It's all machine made anyway.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chestercopperpot
that's another bummer that their prices went up too.

The prices had stayed at $150 since the beginning of the line in 2007, so I'm not surprised by the increase.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
The prices had stayed at $150 since the beginning of the line in 2007, so I'm not surprised by the increase.

True,but I doubt anyone buys them at full retail. My local store removed all of the BF merchandise last time I was there, said that no one was buying it. I only buy BF shirts but I think they pretty much messed up the line. Oh they also have some nice shoes.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh they also have some nice shoes.

They do have some nice shoes but unfortunately (stupidly) they don't sell them in sizes smaller than 8D. Some of those Alden made shoes are rather large, even at such a numerically low number.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
True,but I doubt anyone buys them at full retail. My local store removed all of the BF merchandise last time I was there, said that no one was buying it. I only buy BF shirts but I think they pretty much messed up the line. Oh they also have some nice shoes.
I was in Seattle over the weekend and noticed that its store on 5th no longer carries BF either. Surprised me since it was where I first saw and purchased BF clothing in December of 2007.

My last BF purchase was shoes, and unfortunately, I doubt I'll buy anything else other than maybe accessories. The clothing no longer works for me.

jhva3

Reaction score

The store I usually go to also doesn't carry it anymore. They said that they sell a ton of it in NYC and none anywhere else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads