• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Eyed Peas

gabytyhy

Reaction score
youtube.com/watch?v=iEe_eraFWWsnoi
You know, I didn't know what the deal was with that "my humps song" and then yesterday they ahd it on in some store I was in.

Forget being a bad song with alot of name dropping, does that song make anyone else want to vomit?

I don't know about you but when I hear about "lady lumps" I thikn breast cancer. It doesn't appeal to me at all, and at one point does she say something about a "hump"? That inspires images of hunchbacks.

::shudder::

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw about 15 mins. of superbowl, including halftime show w/ these clowns. whoever that woman is (fergie?
confused.gif
)she looks like kirstie allie, and that rendition of the g'n'r song was just downright embarrassing...

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It might shock people to know that their early albums was actually pretty dope.
they made a conscious effort to go pop, and its worked for their wallets.

will.i.am. is a sick producer when he wants to be.
i can't cosign his haircut and wardrobe though.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.

All of this. Their early stuff was really good. Even their "popular" singles at the time were good "Joints/Jam" and "Request Line" were light years better than the utter garbage they're putting out now.

I was still on board with the BEP through all of their Fergie singles. There's no denying the songs were catchy as hell. But this latest single that just blatantly rips off a song was the last straw. I can't stand them anymore. Their clothing, their douchey songs...it's all horrible.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can only co-sign half of this. will.i.am is definitely a dope producer and is extremely good at churing out well-crafted pop songs. As far as their earlier work goes, it's dramatically different from their current work, but it's still pretty cornball.

CodeRed

Reaction score
They were a joke at the super bowl..totally commercial, sold out big time.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
they were ok in the 90s. their music is pretty ******* **** now, especially that awful cover I heard the other day of Time of My Life.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In America you can't swear or show ******* on TV but this **** makes it to the SB halftime show...

Izhitsa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabytyhy
Forget being a bad song with alot of name dropping, does that song make anyone else want to vomit?

I guess Alanis Morissette wanted to - and slaughtered the song:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Izhitsa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabytyhy

I guess Alanis Morissette wanted to - and slaughtered the song:

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. Too bad they are pure **** now.

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
+1. Too bad they are pure **** now.

I'm happy for them, myself. They deserved success like this LONG before they got it, and I still have their early stuff to listen to, so it's all good. They've got more good releases than a lot of artists that are much more successful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads