• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Dress Shirts

tcmquincy

Reaction score
I suppose it was wrong of me to suggest most of y'all have never worn a black shirt. I said that because you hardly ever see men wearing them and clearly most people on here are against them. I still have it as a goal of mine to try to make them look good in an outfit.

Thank you for giving good info in the last few posts :) Does anybody know about the idea that skin complexion and the tone of ones skin effecting the color of suits and shirts they wear? I personally feel like it would make sense that a darker skinned person could pull off a black shirt better and I have seen people say this before. Disregarding specifically "black shirts" do y'all have any input on skin complexion effecting the colors one should wear?

I am also trying to look more into the idea of non-iron shirts being a worse option. Any more info on different shirts to try (under 100$ please) would be appreciated. As a side question, tomorrow I would like to try this maroon/burgundy blazer that I have not worn before. Any ideas on what color shirt and trousers I should wear with it? Keep in mind people in my office don't dress that well and I am only 21 and open to unconventional looks (such as the black shirt lol).

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This black shirt fit looks cool. Again, everything else has to be so on point for this to work, and you have to work it into a message, not just think that this color goes with that color. This fit has a kind of 1970s sleaze vibe. You have to really know what you're doing, and the cut of the clothes has to be just right.

61076681_414767812708136_6373517788084091562_n.jpg

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black shirts can look great for a rakish, casual outfit. There might be some exceptions, but rarely do ties look good with black shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads