• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Double Breasted Sport Coat

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts? I've been looking to get into some double breasted action.

Thoughts on a black one? What pants would you wear them with? What if they were linen (I live in hot weather a large part of the year).

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've a double breasted navy blazer that I rather like. It's a bit short, but I generally prefer my DBs that way. I usually wear it with gray slacks -- does not look as good with any other color, since DBs are usually more formal. If you must get a sport coat, I would recommend navy.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have a black 6x2 DB blazer with solver and black buttons. Wear it with gray or beige strides and black shoes. Not as conventional as a navy DB blazer with gold buttons but nobody shouts 'Hello Sailor!' at me either!

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I have a black 6x2 DB blazer with solver and black buttons. Wear it with gray or beige strides and black shoes. Not as conventional as a navy DB blazer with gold buttons but nobody shouts 'Hello Sailor!' at me either!

any pics of you wearing that?

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
I've been looking to get into some double breasted action.
biggrin.gif

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Not as conventional as a navy DB blazer with gold buttons but nobody shouts 'Hello Sailor!' at me either!
Only when I'm on a boat.
wink.gif

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it could look great with stone/ceramic colored linen trousers, a white shirt, light brown slip-ons and no tie. Would have to put on polished silver buttons, though.

Raralith

Reaction score
I have a double breasted black blazer, 6x2 with brass buttons and a single button on the sleeves. I actually wore it last night to a club, but I wore it to work the week before since it was really cold. For casual wear, chinos or courdor corduroy in tan/british tan, and a light colored button collar shirt. For work wear, light grey slacks and a light colored shirt (any collar really), but I don't wear a tie with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads