• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

black denim

stormchaser

Reaction score
im looking for good black jeans.... cant find anything good... something rough and rugged... (kinda henry fonda look in once upon a time in the west). i tried levis store and couldnt find anything worth buying...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
i have the paul smith red ear black washed overdyed selvage jeans which I really like, so I've been thinking about getting a raw selvage pair of black too

anyone have an opinion on the KMW Context raw selvage overdye vs Nudie Grim Tim black selvage?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I trust the KMW quality more than the Nudies and i really love the overdye color of those KMWs. Some guy on superfuture (lowrider i think) posted a pic in the kmws and they looked really badass. I thought you already had a pair of black w/ white weft jeans like the nudies for some reason. The KMWs almost look coated. Cool matte color. They're kinda expensive though.

I got a pair of black coated jeans to hold me over for now, but i've wanted a good matte black pair for awhile. Someone was selling a pair of drkshdw ones that looked nice. For some reason i can't bring myself to pay $200+ for a pair of acne max cashs even though i'm probably going to have to eventually unless i can get lucky in a buy&sell thread.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
samurai s5000bk's are tough. I'm wearing them now. or wait till the s710bk drop in the spring if you want tight

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Slim Jim dry black coateds are fun if you're looking for some black with a little more interest.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The newly formulated 4001BK is being released next week from Flat Head...
Black denim, but fades like indigo.
It's indigo dyed with two levels of sulfur top dyes..
Amazing jeans if you're looking for black/slim.

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Offering my cheapbeast advice: Levi's 511s are more than worth the dough for a black, skinny jean. Not for you if you're looking to fade them specifically, but I bought a pair for cheap for an outing I had a few weeks ago and they performed admirably and drew compliments.

Karo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Slim Jim dry black coateds are fun if you're looking for some black with a little more interest.

+1 Looks way better with a bit of coating.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of my friends have coated black jeans from H&M. I wouldn't expect them to fade well, but they looked nice enough to me. Not exactly rough and rugged though.

chronic

Reaction score
The KMWxContext are definitely rough and rugged, although not cheap. I posted a few pics in the Context affiliate thread; if you have the dough, check them out!

falsestart

Reaction score
I don't have any direct experience with apc black new standards but they look pretty good and the price is right.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the APC New Standards in black will be fine. I can't comment on sizing but some folks said they weren't as stretchy as the indigo ones and that you may only need to size down 1.

SeanUCSB

Reaction score
The julian Red D2 sorrows are a nice black / black jean if you can find them.......They have a few sizes left at Bespoke Boutique.....I picked up my pair over there......they are hard and rigid as all hell

http://www.bespokeboutique.com/product.asp?pid=80

Here are mine:

d212.jpg

d26.jpg

d28.jpg

d24.jpg

d23.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads