• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

black denim again

twin8885

Reaction score
now that CR's service is done, I thought I would see if anyone actually picked up some black denim or could help me in my search.

They don't have to only be a black raw, but it would be nice. Does 5EP do a black denim or any other easily obtainable brands besides rag and bone?

thanks

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue in Green will have the black raw Samurai coming in soon. Not incredibly easy to obtain, but they do do mail order. That'd be my choice if I wanted to go black (well, that or the black overdyed sorahiko).

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had NO idea that 5EP came in black...

5EP straight definitely wasn't tight when I tried them (wasn't ridiculously loose either). The bootcuts are the tigher of the 2 cuts. I'd say they are worth it (i'd still go Samurai though). The denim on my 5EP is pretty damn impressive.

John11f

Reaction score
T minus 14 days before Samurai start shipping the S5000BK. Can't wait.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by John11f
Can't wait.
Waiting is your only option! I prefer the look of said Sammies due to the black stitching.

Reaction score
I want those Sorahikos pretty bad. I was torn between those and the Sammies. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I got the black raw denime 66 from coldrice. I love the denim - black with the white weft - but I wish the cut were a tad slimmer. I know SDA does a black denim with the same cut as the sd-103 (d-292?) That would be worth checking out. The Denime is priced pretty reasonably.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

twin8885

Reaction score
i was thinking about getting the somets, but they look pretty tight. Any idea on the fit of the S5000BK?

twin8885

Reaction score
those black samaruis look amazing..drool.

Does BIG do phone orders and any idea the retail on these?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do phone orders, and I think most of their Samurai stuff goes for $285.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads