• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Boots

Calden

Reaction score
I know this topic has been covered before, but I haven't found a pair of boots that I really like in any of the old threads. My all time favorite boot that I've seen, is the James Taylor Watson Walker (pic), but at over $1,000 they are well out of my price range. I really like the brown edge around the top part of the sole, minimal details (i.e. no toe caps), and the fact that they have holes for the laces all the way up (I know that this is pretty common, but most high end boots I like go through hooks at the top instead of holes). I'm hoping someone can recommend something very similar. The most I can pay is $500. Any ideas? Does Alden have a similar boot?

Thanks for any help.

watson.jpg

http://www.taylormadeshoes.co.uk/bes...ots_watson.htm

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Alden has this shell cordovan boot for $515, but it is a cap toe and does not have the brown trim you like:

AF60.jpg

Reaction score
alden calfskin no brown trim and they are captoes, but they have eyelets all the way up. ^click for link alden-of-carmel cordovan not captoes, but speedlace at the top ^ click for link in my experience, the speedlacing makes boots so much more convenient. and i like feeling like i'm putting on old-fashioned figure skates. funny b/c i wanted eyelets all the way up, too. but my opinions change.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
DDML, you're right about the speedlacing. I didn't want them on my alden's earlier, but now i wish they were speedlacing. Really have to loosen up the laces to get them on. Really inconvenient when going to people's houses with no shoes in the house rule.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn you people and your boots that i can't afford.
musicboohoo[1].gif

-Jeff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads