• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Boots and Jeans -- Bad choice?

IndyJones

Reaction score
For the 4th, I wore Gap 1969 jeans with a pair of black laceup boots. The party was outside and I knew most people would be dressed down (as in beer cups and a keg, not wine).

A couple friends thought the white jeans came off well, but looked mis-matched with rugged boots, even though they are pretty new. I asked them to snap a pic when we left and I'd ask the experts here. So what do you guys think? (rest of the outfit was untucked snap button, short sleeve shirt in navy plaid.)

thanku

clotheshorse69

Reaction score
Why were you wearing boots in the dead of summer?
confused.gif

IndyJones

Reaction score
I could have gone with black chucks I guess, if I had a pair. Boots seemed like a good choice since we were at a cabin, not at a pool party or somebody's living room. Most of the time we were standing around under pine trees!

Indy

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks fine.

aschrock

Reaction score
White jeans wouldn't be my first choice, but nothing really looks wrong with it.

aschrock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattt
nice grass stain

Sayin'! White jeans for yard work or hiking just doesn't sound right to me.

word

Reaction score
The contrast between the summery white pants with a fresh grass stain against the srs bsns black boots makes this very interesting.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks fine, and I wear boots in the summer mostly just on the motorcycle, but these boots look to be a little over-kill for the occasion.

IndyJones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessis
Nice boots.

Thanks. These are not steel toe boots, which I have zero need for, but they are oiled leather, which I like instead of shiny leather. The black rubs off though. New out of the box, I wore them with white jeans last summer, and it was like I rubbed black sweet crude all over the cuffs of the pants. The pair cost a little over a $120 at an army/navy store, kind of a biker look to 'em.

IndyJones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aschrock
Sayin'! White jeans for yard work or hiking just doesn't sound right to me.

I won't be doing any lawn mowing, though I admit the photo looks like I did. For $14.99 off the clearance rack at the Gap, I figured if they get trashed, I'm not out much. I wouldn't spend more than $35 though on any white jeans, which is what I think 501's go for. But I think the 1969's have a better fit.

Appreciate the feedback. So far, the white/black combo seems to be ok with most of you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads