• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Black and oxblood

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it acceptable to wear a black overcoat and oxblood shoes together? Please advise. Thank you.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I think so.. Also think you could wear black overcoat and brown shoes. Just make sure you match your shoes to your belt leather color.

TheMichael

Reaction score
Perhaps readers of this thread can help me - a Question regarding Ox blood since it came up.  

I have shoes and belt in ox blood. Can the color be worn with black slacks?  Are there any rules when it comes to ox blood?  

I guess the question might be: with black slacks is any shoe color other than black acceptable?

and ...

What slacks option does one have when wearing ox blood shoes/belt?

This question has bothered me everytime I pull the ox blood shoes from my closet.

-theMichael

pstoller

Reaction score
...with black slacks is any shoe color other than black acceptable?
and...
What slacks option does one have when wearing ox blood shoes/belt?
Black is the easiest choice for accessorizing black slacks, but not the only choice. In Europe"”especially Italy"”it's not uncommon for men to wear brown shoes with black slacks. I see no reason why you can't do it with oxblood as well. (I've worn different colors with black, too; blue, green, etc. I was not, however, accessorizing a suit.)

Oxblood works with navy, charcoal, beige. With brown, you just have to be sure the shades aren't so close that they clash.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy