Black and oxblood

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scnupe7, Nov 25, 2002.

1. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Is it acceptable to wear a black overcoat and oxblood shoes together? Please advise. Thank you.

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

I think so.. Also think you could wear black overcoat and brown shoes. Just make sure you match your shoes to your belt leather color.

3. TheMichael

TheMichael Member

Perhaps readers of this thread can help me - a Question regarding Ox blood since it came up.  

I have shoes and belt in ox blood. Can the color be worn with black slacks?  Are there any rules when it comes to ox blood?  

I guess the question might be: with black slacks is any shoe color other than black acceptable?

and ...

What slacks option does one have when wearing ox blood shoes/belt?

This question has bothered me everytime I pull the ox blood shoes from my closet.

-theMichael

4. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

Black is the easiest choice for accessorizing black slacks, but not the only choice. In Europe"”especially Italy"”it's not uncommon for men to wear brown shoes with black slacks. I see no reason why you can't do it with oxblood as well. (I've worn different colors with black, too; blue, green, etc. I was not, however, accessorizing a suit.)

Oxblood works with navy, charcoal, beige. With brown, you just have to be sure the shades aren't so close that they clash.