bit loafer or wingtip/brogue?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bsyde82, Aug 15, 2007.

1. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

i'm tryin to decide between a bit loafer and a wingtip shoe as a "dress up yet casual" shoe to wear w/ some nice dark selvage denim

just curious what ppl think is nicer? and if one goes better w/ the selvage cuff

2. soonami

soonami Well-Known Member

Imo the brogue in a dark brown would be the nicest with dark denim, but really only with slim denim (hemmed to little break).

Dressier shoes do not work well with looser denim, I think because of the implied casualness and informality of anti-fitting pants. Similarly stacking and cuffs seem inappropriate with the formality of such constructed shoes

3. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

i dislike loafers almost across the board unless you are wearing some linen pants or are steering a boat.

wingtip ftw

4. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

Imo the brogue in a dark brown would be the nicest with dark denim, but really only with slim denim (hemmed to little break).

Dressier shoes do not work well with looser denim, I think because of the implied casualness and informality of anti-fitting pants. Similarly stacking and cuffs seem inappropriate with the formality of such constructed shoes

i agree that, w/ dressier shoes, stacking would look out of place. however, i'm looking to get a more vintage looking brogue, like a varvatos one, where it has a more casual vibe than a typical dress shoe. which is why i think a small cuff on a slim fitting jean would work

guess i'll just have to experiment with it

5. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Go for the wingtip/brogue in a shade of brown you like.