1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Binding metal to leather?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by amirrorcrackd, Mar 16, 2005.

1. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

I have a vintage belt that I love. The tip of the belt is covered with a piece of metal that is riveted on, but the rivets aren't on the edge of the metal, so as the belt bends the metal separates from the leather. This in and of itself isn't a problem, but when I am wearing the belt, the belt loops get snagged under the metal piece, making it quite inconvenient to remove the belt. So I'm looking for some kind of epoxy or cement to bind the two together. Suggestions?

Dan

2. kabert

kabert Senior member

3. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

Definitely NOT superglue or cyanoacrylate of any kind. These dry to a rigid, non-flexible state and will crack under the stresses you have described ... or rip your leather to shreds. What you want is a jeweler's epoxy, such as a type made for gluing metal to glass, which remains very slightly flexible but with super adhesion. One such epoxy is : [​IMG]