1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Billy Reid's collection...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by why, Oct 7, 2007.

1. paulesquire1

paulesquire1 Well-Known Member

Boo. Spot blown. (I'm headed there tomorrow morning.)

Is it really Saturday? I was told they were closing on Sunday.

yea, don't worry, not many people here appreciate it. it's almost like stealing in there, wanted last summer's suede indianolas but they were too big.

2. czjl

czjl Senior member

Billy Reid is having sale off their F/W Collection now! so definitely a good time to check it out. they've slashed by about 30% online i think. Cheers!

3. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Anybody know what the fit of the boots are like? TTS? I'm looking at the Marigny specifically.

4. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

yea, don't worry, not many people here appreciate it. it's almost like stealing in there, wanted last summer's suede indianolas but they were too big.

Haha, I was looking at the Indianolas the last time I was at the store.

I ended up not going this weekend, partially because I remembered there being almost nothing in my size when I went beginning of January. C'est la vie.

5. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Anybody know what the fit of the boots are like? TTS? I'm looking at the Marigny specifically.
    Last year I had to size down to a 8.5. I'm usually a 9.5-10 in sneakers & shoes.

6. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Thanks. Anyone have this year's Marigny boots? They are final sale so I want to be certain.

7. unfuccwittable

unfuccwittable Member

I ordered the Marigny boots today. I tried on a pair at bloomingdale's but they were cheaper online so I ordered from the website. I went true to size, but I have a slightly narrow foot.

8. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I just received my black merino wool shawl cable knit sweater in from the recent Gilt sale and holy shit this thing is great. The fit is just the way I like my knits of this style, slim, no flying squirrel arms, nice knit pattern, and hits just below my belt line. Glad this one was still available, great stuff, I'm a Billy Reid fan now for sure.

9. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

I told you you'd like that shit.

Got my Gilt buys in as well. Plum oxford? I think I'm keeping. It's this beautiful deep purple, and it feels like pinpoint oxford. Feels like a good knockaround shirt -- the placket's been reinforced with twill taping, the side seams have self-fabric gussets, blah, blah, blah. I could see myself wearing this shirt a lot up until late spring. Just need to talk to my tailor about it.

Got a pair of the chocolate brown corduroys, too. Only problem is I think it was mistagged a 30 -- it honestly feels like a 28. Anyone else have a pair of Davis corduroys? If so, what's your experience with sizing?

10. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I told you you'd like that shit.

Got my Gilt buys in as well. Plum oxford? I think I'm keeping. It's this beautiful deep purple, and it feels like pinpoint oxford. Feels like a good knockaround shirt -- the placket's been reinforced with twill taping, the side seams have self-fabric gussets, blah, blah, blah. I could see myself wearing this shirt a lot up until late spring. Just need to talk to my tailor about it.

Got a pair of the chocolate brown corduroys, too. Only problem is I think it was mistagged a 30 -- it honestly feels like a 28. Anyone else have a pair of Davis corduroys? If so, what's your experience with sizing?

Yes you did and you were spot on. Thanks for the heads up on BR in general.

I actually had that shirt and the cords in my cart as well, but decided I was set on the shawl collar so I let the others go. The plum sounds nice in hand too from your description.

What's the waist aligned on the 30's? If your case isn't isolated, it sounds like the sizing might be the same as the EG Workaday Cords which were a size too small too if I recall correctly.

11. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Waist aligned? 30".

To confuse things even more, the tag inside says 30, as does the Gilt label on the hangtag. However, there's another label on the hangtag that looks to be a Billy Reid label, and it says 28.

In any case, I'm shipping them back to Gilt for a refund. Kept the shirt, though.

12. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Billy Reid's back in Charlotte.

6907 Phillips Place Court
    Charlotte, NC 28210
    (704) 366-9092

13. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Old thread, but anyone have experience with their "Officer's coat?" How is the fit+length? I see that its described to "hit below the knee," but all models seen online wear it over the knee. Would "S" be a 36R or 38R?

14. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

15. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

16. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

I'm telling you S = 36R because I am a 36R in suits and I tried on a Small in the Officer's Coat and it fit very well. I felt the same way about their peacoat from last year.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  17. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Was the coat knee-length over or below? Also, hows the wool quality/thickness? Thanks for your help!

18. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I believe the officer's coat is below the knee. You may be getting confused with pictures of the "sunday coat" which is closer to a normal coat length. Either way, can't go wrong though.

19. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

They both seem nice, but I'm looking for something warm. Site says that the Officer's is made with 40 oz worsted wool, which should be thicker than anything i've seen. If you look up google images of the officer coat, the models wear them to just above knee length. That may be just because they're legs are long.

20. stevent

stevent Senior member

Wool quality will be really good. At the current prices you can't really go wrong unless you're on the shorter side.