1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Billy Reid Fall/Winter 2010

Discussion in 'Styleforum Frontpage' started by shoreman1782, Jan 27, 2010.

1. gam29

gam29 Senior member

It definitely shouldn't matter. I know most of the retail locations would and have taken care of such problems.

Interesting. I would think that I should get the same level of customer service regardless of whether I call in or go into the store...what gives?

2. davidk

davidk Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on the fit of the car coat?

3. retroaaron

retroaaron Well-Known Member

The 20% off Billy Reid Fall Promotion ends this Sunday, the 31st. Anybody interested, let me know.

4. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

Has anyone had any experience with their shoe sizing? I'm probably going to pick up a pair of the D-Ring loafers this week or next.

5. why

why Senior member

Has anyone had any experience with their shoe sizing? I'm probably going to pick up a pair of the D-Ring loafers this week or next.
    I have those and I hate them. They're nearly impossible to maintain. I was really disappointed considering all the other footwear is great.

6. retroaaron

The D-Rings run a little more true to size than the rest of the shoes. Most run large. Sorry for the late response. Let me know if you have any more questions.

7. retroaaron

Just a heads up, a number of items have been marked down to 30 and 40% off. Prices are effective in stores and online. Also, if there is any regular-priced items you're interested in I can offer a slight discount.

8. Meis

Meis Senior member

Just a heads up, a number of items have been marked down to 30 and 40% off. Prices are effective in stores and online. Also, if there is any regular-priced items you're interested in I can offer a slight discount.

what's the sizing like on their knits? I'm thinking of picking up the double breasted cardigan that's on sale but I have a bad feeling that the Small would be too big for me (36chest), partly based on the fact that their sportcoats only go down to a 38...

9. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Which knit are you looking at, Meis? I think a small in the chunkier knits would easily fit a 36. I wear 36-38, and have a chunky crewneck sweater from last season in an M, which is a tiny bit loose on me. I know tonio has a relatively chunky polo sweater from last season in an S, and he's a 36. Fits him fine. Also, I've read that the sportcoats fit about one size small, so a 38 sportcoat might work for a 36.

10. Meis

Meis Senior member

Which knit are you looking at, Meis? I think a small in the chunkier knits would easily fit a 36. I wear 36-38, and have a chunky crewneck sweater from last season in an M, which is a tiny bit loose on me. I know tonio has a relatively chunky polo sweater from last season in an S, and he's a 36. Fits him fine. Also, I've read that the sportcoats fit about one size small, so a 38 sportcoat might work for a 36.

This one. I emailed their customer service but haven't gotten an answer yet. Yeah, some of their stuff does run quite slim/small...Ex- I just sold off some Billy reid cords that were damn skinny (tighter than my sized down KMW rockers) and seriously low-rise.
    [​IMG]

11. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

No idea on that cardi. It wasn't at the Charlotte store when I went there last.

I found BR pants to fit true-to-size. As in, if the waist is 30, it actually measures 30".

12. TexAg2000

TexAg2000 Member

I just saw these new Fall '10 shoes from BR. They are called "Half Duck Boot". Not sure if the design is either plain mad or simply brilliant. Leaning towards the later. See for yourself: http://www.billyreid.com/?cat=26

13. retroaaron

They are pretty nice in person, check them out if you get the chance.

14. gam29

gam29 Senior member

Interesting. I would think that I should get the same level of customer service regardless of whether I call in or go into the store...what gives?

They ended up fixing the bag for me free of charge. Thanks for the tip.

15. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

My apologies for cluttering the thread, but if someone has a billy reid x levis wool trucker they would consider selling, please PM me. Thanks!