• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Billy Reid collaboration with Levis

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can someone provide measurements for the trucker & button downs?

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
^Thanks for the info, even if that's not what I wanted to hear.
They are sold out of sz smalls on the John T shirts. I guess I'll pass on the medium because I'm scared the shoulder measurements will be above 17".

Any other shops carry Billy Reid?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone could post description/pix of the 501s I'd greatly appreciate.

Are these basically molded from the 47s? ("mid-century")

srgprod

Reaction score
Just got the Wool Trucker's Jacket. It's pretty impressive. Fits TTS. The wool is very scratchy but will soften up a lot when washed w/ Woolite dark. Probably best to get a size larger and wash hot a couple of times. I'm sure it's going to shrink. This piece is totally vintage, old school. I think it's a winner. Perfect for Fall/Winter...

Tried on the Workcoat. It fits a little small. A large was just too small. Its also a great piece esp. with the canvas apron that comes with it.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you normally wash your wool clothing?
confused.gif

alex99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by srgprod
Just got the Wool Trucker's Jacket. It's pretty impressive. Fits TTS. The wool is very scratchy but will soften up a lot when washed w/ Woolite dark. Probably best to get a size larger and wash hot a couple of times. I'm sure it's going to shrink. This piece is totally vintage, old school. I think it's a winner. Perfect for Fall/Winter...

Tried on the Workcoat. It fits a little small. A large was just too small. Its also a great piece esp. with the canvas apron that comes with it.

Interesting. I tried on the workcoat at bloomngdales and it felt TTS. A small seemed to fit like a 38 to me. I think the coat actually looks really nice, and appears to be well made. I just don't like the collar, which is too small IMO, and the apron makes the whole thing too heavy. Even after I removed the apron there was something not quite right with the fit for me. I'll stick with my EG Bedford.

jfurt

Reaction score
I got the denim work shirt in the mail today, and I love this thing. Fits true to size; I stick with medium in just about everything I wear, and this shirt is spot on for me.

The denim is pretty heavy duty. The weight and sturdiness of it feels along the lines of my Mister Freedom CPO. The denim's obviously not as nice, but it's pretty nice in its own right, with a good deal of character.

The collection didn't end up looking as interesting to me as I hoped it would, but this shirt's a real winner for anyone on the fence.

srgprod

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
do you normally wash your wool clothing?
confused.gif

No I never do but this jacket is raw untreated wool and would benefit a lot if it were soaked. That's what people did to Pendleton's. Their shirts from the 50's and 60's were raw and rough. Soaking took the scratchiness out of them..

grooveholmes

Reaction score
I just got the denim shirt today, too. It's pretty thick, it's more like a shirt jacket-- it's gonna be good this fall. Diggin' the details. I'd say it's pretty TTS as well. Size 40 chest, mediums across the board, medium here. Pics of some of the notable details.
IMG_7932.jpg
IMG_7929.jpg
IMG_7927.jpg
IMG_7930.jpg

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
only thing I'd be interested in is the denim shirt, looks cool.

klundberg

Reaction score
I like the hunting coat. Perfect for the chilly summer evenings in NZ I reckon.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that denim shirt is thick as hell and reallllllllly nice. but after just 2 mins of holding it my hands were all blue. how can you wear this without leaving your mark everywhere u go? It's a great piece though.

sajohnson05

Reaction score
Got my 501's today. The fit is just like the 47's but it's like they are sale. Seems like the denim shirt is a great piece as well. And I like the hunting coat.

jfurt

Reaction score
Sazon's definitely right. I wore a white tshirt underneath mine and when I took the Levis shirt off at the end of the night my white one was blue all over.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads