Billy Reid collaboration with Levis

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by srgprod, Sep 10, 2010.

1. connor

connor Senior member

what the fuck, how is any of that totally unwearable? it isnt anything special

2. habitant

habitant Senior member

can someone provide measurements for the trucker & button downs?

3. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

^Thanks for the info, even if that's not what I wanted to hear.
    They are sold out of sz smalls on the John T shirts. I guess I'll pass on the medium because I'm scared the shoulder measurements will be above 17".

Any other shops carry Billy Reid?

4. sazon

sazon Senior member

If anyone could post description/pix of the 501s I'd greatly appreciate.

Are these basically molded from the 47s? ("mid-century")

5. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Just got the Wool Trucker's Jacket. It's pretty impressive. Fits TTS. The wool is very scratchy but will soften up a lot when washed w/ Woolite dark. Probably best to get a size larger and wash hot a couple of times. I'm sure it's going to shrink. This piece is totally vintage, old school. I think it's a winner. Perfect for Fall/Winter...

Tried on the Workcoat. It fits a little small. A large was just too small. Its also a great piece esp. with the canvas apron that comes with it.

6. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

do you normally wash your wool clothing? [​IMG]

7. alex99

alex99 Senior member

Just got the Wool Trucker's Jacket. It's pretty impressive. Fits TTS. The wool is very scratchy but will soften up a lot when washed w/ Woolite dark. Probably best to get a size larger and wash hot a couple of times. I'm sure it's going to shrink. This piece is totally vintage, old school. I think it's a winner. Perfect for Fall/Winter...

Tried on the Workcoat. It fits a little small. A large was just too small. Its also a great piece esp. with the canvas apron that comes with it.

Interesting. I tried on the workcoat at bloomngdales and it felt TTS. A small seemed to fit like a 38 to me. I think the coat actually looks really nice, and appears to be well made. I just don't like the collar, which is too small IMO, and the apron makes the whole thing too heavy. Even after I removed the apron there was something not quite right with the fit for me. I'll stick with my EG Bedford.

8. jfurt

jfurt Well-Known Member

I got the denim work shirt in the mail today, and I love this thing. Fits true to size; I stick with medium in just about everything I wear, and this shirt is spot on for me.

The denim is pretty heavy duty. The weight and sturdiness of it feels along the lines of my Mister Freedom CPO. The denim's obviously not as nice, but it's pretty nice in its own right, with a good deal of character.

The collection didn't end up looking as interesting to me as I hoped it would, but this shirt's a real winner for anyone on the fence.

9. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

do you normally wash your wool clothing? [​IMG]
    No I never do but this jacket is raw untreated wool and would benefit a lot if it were soaked. That's what people did to Pendleton's. Their shirts from the 50's and 60's were raw and rough. Soaking took the scratchiness out of them..

10. grooveholmes

grooveholmes Senior member

I just got the denim shirt today, too. It's pretty thick, it's more like a shirt jacket-- it's gonna be good this fall. Diggin' the details. I'd say it's pretty TTS as well. Size 40 chest, mediums across the board, medium here. Pics of some of the notable details. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

only thing I'd be interested in is the denim shirt, looks cool.

12. klundberg

klundberg Member

I like the hunting coat. Perfect for the chilly summer evenings in NZ I reckon.

13. sazon

sazon Senior member

that denim shirt is thick as hell and reallllllllly nice. but after just 2 mins of holding it my hands were all blue. how can you wear this without leaving your mark everywhere u go? It's a great piece though.

14. sajohnson05

sajohnson05 Senior member

Got my 501's today. The fit is just like the 47's but it's like they are sale. Seems like the denim shirt is a great piece as well. And I like the hunting coat.

15. jfurt

jfurt Well-Known Member

Sazon's definitely right. I wore a white tshirt underneath mine and when I took the Levis shirt off at the end of the night my white one was blue all over.