• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill's khakis

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got a pair of Bill's Khakis 'M2' flat-front trousers? I'm seriously considering a pair. Are they appreciably slimmer than the standard M1? I'm usually a 28 waist, but could I squeeze into a 26 for an even slimmer fit? Are they accurately sized, or is there some 'breathing room'?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
From what I understand the m1s are pretty generously cut, and the M2 true to size. I'd e-mail them and ask...

Phil

Reaction score
I own a few pairs in each style, M1, and M2. The M2 are cut much less generously through the thigh area. They run very true to size. They also sit a bit lower on the hips than the M1s. Hope that helps.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does.

Thanks, fellas. Now, all I have to do is pick a color...

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nick M:
Has anyone got a pair of Bill's Khakis 'M2' flat-front trousers? I'm seriously considering a pair. Are they appreciably slimmer than the standard M1?
I have a pair, but before you go off and place an order, the M2 is not, repeat NOT slim fitting. Compared to a Prada, they are large. That being said, I've had mine for 8 yrs with no signs of damage.

By they way, excellent work in tracking down the hackers at Andy's site.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By they way, excellent work in tracking down the hackers at Andy's site.
Thanks. You know what they say, you have to send an idiot to catch an idiot.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have the standard M-1 but I've been told that the M-2 has the same generous cut. I love my Bill's Khakis. They are "built to last".

JErwin

Reaction score
Sorry to revive this post, but I've been away and I'm just catching up.  I think I must be in an incredibly small minority, but I have purchased four pairs of Bill's and every single pair has fallen apart.  And I don't mean after a few years, I mean within a few months.  The main problem has been holes opening along seems, especially around pockets.  To their credit, Bill's was always ready to replace.  Nevertheless, I was pretty disappointed.  Am I the only one who has had trouble with these pants?

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nick, did you take the plunge and order a pair? i'm curious to know what you thought of the fit and construction.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nick, did you take the plunge and order a pair? i'm curious to know what you thought of the fit and construction.
Nah, they sent me a ring of fabric swatches, and - compared with the colors you see on the website - the fabrics themselves were so very, very drab. Plus, I wasn't sure about the fit, and, including international shipping charges, I would've ended up paying over AU$250 for a single pair - for me, that's way too much. I think instead, the next time I want khakis, I'll buy some cotton drill in the color I want, then have them MTM - slim fit, wide boot-cut should do it.

Mead

Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect the thread. But I am interested in the M2 as well, and I don´t seen to find much info. Ok, they are true to size, are they going to stretch with wear like jeans?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to resurrect the thread. But I am interested in the M2 as well, and I don´t seen to find much info. Ok, they are true to size, are they going to stretch with wear like jeans?

Well, I can just tell you my experience. I don't know whether it will be helpful or not. My actual waist measurement is about 37". About a year ago, I thought I would give Bill's Khakis a try. I ordered the M2 in a size 37. The trousers were extremely tight and did not quite reach my actual waist. I exchanged them for the M1 in a size 38. Loved them! Most comfortable trousers I have. Subsequently I have acquired eight more pairs. These are flat-fronts. They are generously cut, which is why I find them so comfortable, but not too baggy, at least for my old-man tastes. A consequence of this is that I have gotten rid of most of my other casual trousers.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What was this about hackers at Andy's site?

You do realize, don't you, that that post is almost 11 years old? I should think very few of the men active here and there were members that long ago!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads