Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Billionaire Boys Club

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by alaaro, Nov 19, 2004.

1. alaaro

alaaro Senior member

What's the deal with it? I know its Pharrell's newest line, but I was just wondering if anyone knew when it was going to be out on the market. I heard fall of this year, but nothing else. I see it all over ebay, but I am not sure any is real.

2. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

I heard late fall/Christmas (probably in NYC and LA a little sooner)...caught a glimpse of some shoes and t-shirt in a British GQ in the summertime. It's definitely "different," they seem to look pretty normal except for one element, usually a bright or unique detail. I think the line will be popular so it will probably go the way of the Von Dutch Trucker Hat (shudder).

Aaron

3. alaaro

alaaro Senior member

Maybe. But Pharrell is a lot cooler than Ashton Kucher, so maybe it will last a smidge longer.

4. Alex_O

Alex_O Well-Known Member

I'll only by his razzle dazzle ( reebok's with glitter) crap if it can make phat beats and score me a chart topping single. And there will be absolutley none of the asian guy in my video, no not even a shot from far away [​IMG]

5. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

What is that suppoosed to mean???

6. Alex_O

Alex_O Well-Known Member

Pharell is a producer know for making beats , see a snoop dogg
    song, that make for instant hits.

He is partnering with reebok "The two parties recently inked a long term deal to put out a Men and Women's footwear collection dubbed "Ice Cream" and Pharrell's long advertised Billionaire Boys Club clothing line."

And I am asumming he will bling out his shoes with glitter ( I think I even saw a pic of this can't find it now)

And finally Pharell actually produces with the help of an asian looking guy named Chad Hugo. Because he does produce in most videos he will get a couple seconds of screen time, while Pharell will get alot more. Pharell is more photogenic plus he's not some funny lookng asian guy so if you're a rapper you can still keep you street cred.

If you still don't get it go watch some vh1.

On a side note, I am now looking for a new joke writer any recommendations ? Tokyo Slim should I import someone from Japan?

7. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

I know who Chad and Pharrell (The Neptunes) are. Chad produces ALL of the songs with Pharrell. Chad is not in alot of videos because he doesn't want to be. He said so in a N.E.R.D. interview. He has a wife and kids and chooses to leave the spotlight for Pharrell. Maybe you should watch some Spoke 'N Heard (MTV2).

8. Alex_O

Alex_O Well-Known Member

I think Vh1 is all I need. If you want to beleive Chad's baloney that's fine but he's obviously being paid off by the man. And you are having wool pulled over your eyes by the man. Down with the man .... To answer the original poster. (the least I could do after wasting all this bandwidth) The line drops summer/fall 2004 according to the website. Any day now so get ready to catch it.

9. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

You want to import someone from Japan to write jokes?

I don't think that would be a good idea. Japanese people are at their funniest when they are being completely serious.

...Now if you arranged a "business meeting" where plenty of alcohol was passed around, and then videotaped what happened as the night progressed - maybe you'd get something worth using.

Like a group of 40somethings lighting their nether regions on fire and screaming out "mustache rider, mustache rider." at the top of their lungs. Or perhaps you would witness a grown man trying to urinate while running backwards, with a blindfold on... or something similar.

10. Alex_O

Alex_O Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Japanese they obviously get very tired of doing the crazy drunk stuff Tokyo Slim describes, and then this happens. American street sleepers better or worse dressed? I vote worse. Funny/lazy Japanese Photoshoped lazy/funny Japanese

11. Archduke of Windsor

Archduke of Windsor Member

Pharrell rocks an ENORMOUS canary diamond ring, which is good enough for me. hot hot HOT... Oh, and stylish and stuff too.

12. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

I hope he has better business acumen than the founder of the actual Billionaire Boys Club. And better defense attorneys.

13. funkyprez

funkyprez Well-Known Member

I hope the BBC line extends beyond big logos, otherwise it will be played out faster than you can say "hilfiger".

I'm hoping it has some "tailored street wear", pieces you can wear downtown to the clubs, but not look like the after-work crowd.

14. funkyprez

funkyprez Well-Known Member

oh and I find that "asian guy" comment somewhat offensive