• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Simmons

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can someone please get this guy an editor?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Aw, I actually like his overly-long articles and random tangents. They're sort of what gives him that "conversation at a bar" feeling.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Plus, it's a blog for god's sake. His magazine pieces are edited.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember when he was good?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Bill Simmons jumped the shark 4 years ago. His sense of humor and cultural references did the same 15 years ago. Back in 04, he let the success get to his head i think. It's better than standard news but sometimes he seems like a parody of himself. Too bad too because i was a huge fan back in the day. I swear to god, i'll never read another article by him about a boston sports team.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He stopped being fun to read when his teams got good.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still read him even though he gets on my nerves at times, and he is what he is. But I will credit him with my love of the NBA. He made it all so interesting.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Whatever. I enjoy his blog, it's about the only piece of sportswriting that I read on a semi-regular basis other than the morning sports page's recap of last night's Dodgers, UCLA, or Lakers game.

solipsist

Reaction score
FireJoeMorgan >>> Deadspin > Bill Simmons >>>>>>>> Pretty Much Everything Else

injung

Reaction score
A lot of people find his homerism annoying, but to me it just makes him seem like a genuine sports fan.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by solipsist
FireJoeMorgan >>> Deadspin > Bill Simmons >>>>>>>> Pretty Much Everything Else

You forgot Kissing Suzy Kolber.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by injung
A lot of people find his homerism annoying, but to me it just makes him seem like a genuine sports fan.

I think it's mostly just annoying when his teams are winning. Especially because it's Boston, and Boston fans seem to be inherently annoying when their teams are winning. I didn't mind his homerism at all last year when the Celtics were one of the worst teams in the league, for example.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads