1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bijan.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kcgreg, Apr 20, 2006.

1. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

No. The black label Giorgio Armani is well made and of fine stuff, but still a heartbreak when you think of what you could have bought at Kiton with the same money.
    Classico is well made but, as you say, hugely overpriced for what it is.
    The regular line is junk.

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

And Zilli of France can provide this lovely outerwear:[​IMG]
    I somehow also picture Alviero Martini bags in the same situation:

[​IMG]

3. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Having seen Zilli's stuff up close in their Parisian store, I must say that among the Stefano Ricci-style Trump-Klassy pieces there are some gorgeous, gorgeous clothes, particularly leather jackets, of the highest quality. All the stuff there that I saw, whether elegant or ostentatious, appeared very well made in the very best materials. I wouldn't pay 800 euros for a bespoke shirt from them, but their stuff is no International Male.

4. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Having seen Zilli's stuff up close in their Parisian store, I must say that among the Stefano Ricci-style Trump-Klassy pieces there are some gorgeous, gorgeous clothes, particularly leather jackets, of the highest quality. All the stuff there that I saw, whether elegant or ostentatious, appeared very well made in the very best materials. I wouldn't pay 800 euros for a bespoke shirt from them, but their stuff is no International Male.
    There is no doubt that it is really well made. When I was in college, I worked in a store that sold their stuff along with Kiton, Brioni etc. I imagine that the Zilli store has a better selection than the pimped-out Rodeo Drive crap from the 80s that we sold. The problem is that all of their retailers buy that kind of stuff (although, I have not seen it in a store since Rodeo Drive in the 80s). The pieces are immaculately made, but fur coats for men are not my bag, baby. This is the stuff that I remember:[​IMG]

5. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yes. That is why he sells relabeled Brioni at $500,000 a barrel.

This is up there with "Set your phasers to fabulous." Still my personal SF favorite.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

For French leather attire, I prefer Jean-Claude Jitrois or vintage Claude Montana.

They know how to cut a jacket and trousers.

However, they still sell those Zilli types of jackets in Las Vegas, not surprisingly.

7. limelight88

limelight88 Member

well I think it is not fair to say that mr bijan stuff's are junk also he use to make a decent perfume in 80s. I agree that his time is almost over but he makes very good quality suits dress shirts and etc.
    the bijan cloth that u guys might have seen are the junk one's or very out dated one's . I don't think anyone would spend 10000 on a suit and then sell it on ebay I mean think about it if u pay 10000 u dont really need to sell ur suit on ebay. I had a bijan suit my grandfather;s got that for me in 90s he was/is a client well it was and still is a great suit.. tho I don't wear it much but it really looks good after 10 years or so ..