• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bijan.

Full Canvas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kcgreg said:
Originally Posted by dusty
Wildly overpriced status-symbol Italian suit label. From what I hear (on here), it does not match up to other ultra-high end suits (Kiton, Brioni, etc) in quality.

Hey Full Canvass - then the suits should be up to standard - no?

Sorry to miss your question earlier, Mr. Greg. However, with all the electronic dust flying around this thread . . . I just didn't see the question until now.

However, with all the other knowledgeable responses posted, I think you already have a general idea of the Bijan mythos.
laugh.gif
devil.gif

kcgreg

Reaction score
Full Canvas said:
Originally Posted by kcgreg

Sorry to miss your question earlier, Mr. Greg. However, with all the electronic dust flying around this thread . . . I just didn't see the question until now.

However, with all the other knowledgeable responses posted, I think you already have a general idea of the Bijan mythos.
laugh.gif
devil.gif

laugh.gif
No worries Full Canvas - It is incredible how people will go and stick to a brand of prestige and pay that sort of money for some show of personal gain - incredible!

This begs the question from a dutchman's point of view - have these people got more money than brains?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The man Bijan used to have a shop in New York as well, an exclusive sort of appointment only enclave, which ironically he closed due to escalating rent.

He also had a yellow Rolls Royce parked outside the Rodeo Drive shop.

kcgreg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
The man Bijan used to have a shop in New York as well, an exclusive sort of appointment only enclace, which ironically he closed due to escalating rent.

He also had a yellow Rolls Royce parked outside the Rodeo Drive shop.

laugh.gif
No wonder he could afford to buy the yellow rolce's due to the fact that he wasn't paying high rent anymore...hah!

Pink22m

Reaction score
When I think of wildly overpriced status symbol, I think of Dolce and Gabbana suits among movie stars.
I usually think of Giorgio Armani.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kcgreg
dozingoff.gif
Why Giorgio Armani?

really crappy construction + often crappy materials do not = good suit

kcgreg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
really crappy construction + often crappy materials do not = good suit

confused.gif
Does this mean we are actually equating Bijan' suits to Giorgio Armani which are crappy suits??? Help clarify this!!!

Because if we are - I am sure we can do better than this Bijan guy who I think is a creative crook!!! What a shrewd businessman.
sneaky2.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bijan's suits, unlike Armani's, are not cheap or shoddily constructed. It's only the aesthetic prototype that is left dubious.

Of course, some would contest his pricing but at least it's not hideous quality.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would venture to guess that Bijan's fragrance line, which was launched with and stars Michael Jordan the Fragrance, is a substantially larger revenue stream than their clothing line. The fragrance business can be incredibly profitable.

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=55295

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I believe d'Avenza also did Bijan, which has that aura of Stefano Ricci; tacky bits of clothing that made Italy famous in the '80s.

I think you are right.

Bijan and Ricci are two peas in a gold plated, over cologned, alligator shod, pinky ringed pod. Both are just terrible.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I think you are right. Bijan and Ricci are two peas in a gold plated, over cologned, alligator shod, pinky ringed pod. Both are just terrible.
And the shoes will be gold side-bitted medium vamp Artioli loafers in a glove-like leather. Perhaps like this:
foto7.jpg

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone try diamonds on the soles of their shoes?

They're very hard-wearing.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Did anyone try diamonds on the soles of their shoes?

They're very hard-wearing.

No. I'm empty as a pocket...but I've got nothing to lose. Perhaps some aftershave, to compensate for my ordinary shoes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads