• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bijan suits

tsloop

Reaction score
I saw these suits on ebay and they kind of intrigued me and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about them or has any comments on wether or not this would be a decent deal. bijan suit Bijan suit 2

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well they are 100% cashmere -- that's worth alot in itself. The $15,000 retail claim seems extreme to me, but maybe the thread is 24k gold and the buttons are real horn -- from the tusks of prehistoric mastadons.

aybojs

Reaction score
The seller "sartorialsolutions" has an account here under the name Carlo, and posts quite frequently. I haven't done business with him, but he comes across as an honest seller and a very nice guy to boot. I'm sure he'll respond eventually; you could also just PM him directly and ask.

regularjoe

Reaction score
Bijan sells Kiton suits and the like at remarkably inflated prices.

He slaps his name in the suit, jacks up the $$$, and millionaires assume the suit must be marvelous, so they shell out 2-3x what they would pay if they simply went to NM.

So the suit is pretty much a cashmere, 3 piece by Kiton with side vents and flat front trousers. What that's worth to you is up to you.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For $15K, the suit better do my daughter's homework, take out the garbage, and walk the dog as well as look good.

tsloop

Reaction score
yea, for 15k it should probably do some stuff like that tuxedo in the jackie chan movie but for $1000 it doesnt seem so ridiculousy expensive

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
The $15,000 retail claim seems extreme to me
Actually - that's probably legitimate on the seller's part. Yes, $15,000 for a suit is extreme, but I do believe that's what it would cost to purchase this suit from the Bijan store.

I've been by the Bijan store on Rodeo Drive and as I recall, you have to make an appointment just to shop there.

Seems to me, he was quite a prestigious designer back in the Reagan-era. I haven't heard that much about him since.

Bradford

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I posted on another thread about these and very directly said that Bijan is a Kiton with the price tag multiplied by 3.

His stuff is top notch to be sure, I assume he picks his own fabrics and buttons etcetera but otherwise i don't think he messes with the design otherwise. It takes serious cajones to ask his prices but IMHO telling Kiton how to cut a suit would take bigger ones. Wish the dang things were 44R since I love a 3-piece and the fabric is one of those "Bury me in this suit" kinda weaves.

Kinda sorta an interesting duck that Bijan - his customers drop $100k on an average by appointment only visit.

My guess is that if you asked him why he charges 3-4 times retail on already expensive stuff his answer would be "Because I can".

FWIW - The price guesstimate is a little low according to one of my tie customers who buys this stuff regularly but anyway you slice it - a 3-piece 100% cashmere Kiton worn once at the price of a very average suit in the mall is pretty hard to beat :)

Thanks for the kind words.

tsloop

Reaction score
Theres no doubt its a nice looking suit, I really like it and am really trying to find a way to raise the money ASAP because as well as being a nice suit it would definitely be a unique thing to own.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With forum guys (ie, the unpaid guinea pigs I blatantly abuse for free market research on my own line) my policies are flexible. I have to talk tough in ads since there are folks with -4 feedback who will outbid my reg'lar customers on stuff if I don't. Generally if I have something unique like this, ie - there ain't 25 others on ebay and it is just your size - then I work with people. If a regular customer or forum guy really wants something and is a little short on funds til payday I let'm bid and will hold the item for a while.

One thing I have figured out - the guys here won't screw me and the reverse is true. Next time one of these comes up in another size I'd prefer to have you post "Got one like this from Chuck and he took good care of me".

Definition of fun - having Brioni, Kiton, Bijan etcetera hanging all over the stockroom
Definition of pain: Promising your fiance that if anything goes into your own closet something has to come out and get ebayed.

brescd01

Reaction score
Chuck is absolutely reliable. I would refer people to the list of trusted sellers on the fashion web site thread at the top of the forum. I think knowledge of such merchants changes the eBay equation, at least it does for me. In fact, I cannot say that I have had a bad bit of advice or solicited business on either the Ask Andy or this, forum. Some criticism was unwarranted (or put conservatively, my standards are not as high as some participants&#39
wink.gif
. But my shopping savy is really in a different place than it was before I started here. Throw London Lounge into the mix. Personally, I have always appreciated the posts of the blatant industry people. First of all, they know a hell of a lot. Second, their terms are usually twenty times better than at any boutique, as well as their prices. Third, I am glad to patronize such people. It helps bring prices down and push quality up in a free market.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, thanks Doc but I don't think I made Aharris' list.

(Just teasing AH - we're friends and he's an absolute gentleman)

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Say, what an oversight. I needed to edit that list anyway, as some of the sellers are no longer active. You are now on the list, and I expect a free tie
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads