• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Biggest Wardrobe Presence: "City" or "Country"? (Poll) + Why?

What do you feel has the biggest presence in your wardrobe?

• Mostly "country" stuff.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly "city" stuff.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • A good mix of both.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

wannabe

Reaction score
Hi SF,

It's been about a year of me lurking here, and during my time here, I've acquired a fair amount of clothing. I know this "city vs. country" thing has been covered to death in terms of specific items, but I wanted to do a little poll to find out the opinions of SF members.

I've noticed that a lot of my stuff tends to gravitate towards what I can only label "country"-styled clothing. I have two pinstriped suits, one pair of black shoes, and everything else is tweed/herringbone/flannel/brown brogue-type of stuff. Is this normal for small-timers to start out like this?

I very loosely associate what I define to be "country" style as heavier fabrics and ties (wool, knit, etc.), brown brogues, hacking/ticket pockets, and so on and so forth.

I tend to extremely loosely group "city" style with things such as dark pinstriped suits, silk ties, black shoes, stuff with more of a "slick" feel to it, etc.

Anyways, I'm not advocating for one style over the other, rather, I am asking what you feel has the largest presence in your wardrobe and why?

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.