• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biggest Douchebag in Sports?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
He plays bike riding. Can't you ******* read?

and he needs to shave because???
confused.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
and he needs to shave because???
confused.gif

Didn't we already go over this once? He rides bikes, ergo he shaves.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Considering all the pure criminals that are in sports right now, I'm a little surprised by the names mentioned so far. Maybe we should consider:

OJ Simpson?
Pacman Jones? (It doesn't get more douchey than throwing a bunch of bills at a stripper and then trying to take them back.)
Half of the Cincinatti Bengals team?

If we're sticking to non-criminal behavior, I nominate Tony Dungy for hypocrite of the year:

- Claims he is thinking of resigning due to family considerations, but ends up staying and shipping his family off to another city.
- Claims to be a great dad, but has problem children.
- Writes a book and gives it the same title as Rosa Parks, because, you know, Dungy and Rosa Parks are about equals in terms of influence on African American history.
- Associates himself with anti-gay interest groups.
- Doesn't let up with the holier-than-thou attitide.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crissy Ronaldo, hands down.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bradford, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but to me Cowherd epitomizes the "take a stupid stance calculated to rile up listeners" school of sports talk radio. I listened to him for awhile after Kornheiser left ESPN radio a couple years ago, and he made me stop listening to sports radio in general.

The moment I hate most on these guys' shows is when they make a stupid definitive statement, then pause and let it hang in dead air. "What I believe is... Barry Bonds should be drug into the public square, drawn, and quartered... <pause just long enough so I look at my radio to make sure it's still on> There, I said it." Dan Patrick is the king of that move, but he's actually funny on occasion, so I give him a pass.

Eskin is basically the same schtick but just for Philadelphia. I have a lot of friends who praise him for being a contrarian curmudgeon, but to me he's just a grating asshole.

/tangential rant

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Bradford, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but to me Cowherd epitomizes the "take a stupid stance calculated to rile up listeners" school of sports talk radio. I listened to him for awhile after Kornheiser left ESPN radio a couple years ago, and he made me stop listening to sports radio in general.

Yeah, but at least Cowherd knows something about the west coast and other teams west of the Mississippi. He's one of the few radio hosts who actually knows what he's talking about when he discusses the PAC-10. On the other hand, I can't stand Kornheiser.

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot Mr. I-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing:

[

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to enter as the darkhorse candidate: Rory Sabattini, the golfer. Played out of turn in a PGA tournament and raced off to the next hole, citing the slow play of his playing partner. Said Tiger looked &quot;beatable as ever&quot; after Tiger beat his brains in playing in the same group on Sunday. Tiger beat his brains in on Sunday a few months later again, stood by his comments. Has a generally tashy wife who runs her mouth as well and wears personally made sloganesque t-shirts that are meant to be an F-u to his critics. Then was graciously invited to Tiger's charitable tourney at the end of the year (for freaking underpriveledged children), which he withdrew from after two rounds to get a head start on his vacation (he collected the last place check of about $100k anyway).

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Good call on Sabbatini - he was a d-bag even back in college when I used to run into him at various establishments around Tucson.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So many great responses here. I have to agree with the Cowherd nomination - he is a douche. Then someone mentioned Dr. Z in passing, and he is also a douche. Yet to be nominated in the broadcasting category, but eminently deserving, are Tim McCarver and Bryant Gumbel. Can we include the entire Fox football pre-game team, Bradshaw in particular? How about that hockey dude with the mullet? Marv Albert?

And is there an animated category? I hereby submit Scooter, the talking baseball.

As for players, coaches, agents, and the like, there are just too many to choose from. T.O. is a douche, albeit a benign and stupid one, more of a douchie puppet than an actual douche puppeteer. For that, we have to turn to T.O.'s ventriloquist, Drew Rosenhaus. You've gotta put A-Rod and Drew Boras in their class.

For crime, we have Pacman, we have OJ, we have the Baltimore Ravens (Jamaal Lewis, Ray Lewis), Mike Vick, gosh, so many more I could mention.

Coaches category - Belichick, Bob Knight, Rich Rodriguez is sticking in my craw right now. I'm in no way related to West Virginia and I have no interest in college football, but this guy is dicking over the taxpaying residents of that state for $4 mil. Pat Riley. Bobby Petrino.

I look forward to the continued nominations.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Then someone mentioned Dr. Z in passing, and he is also a douche.
Care to elaborate?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Considering all the pure criminals that are in sports right now, I'm a little surprised by the names mentioned so far. Maybe we should consider: OJ Simpson? Pacman Jones? (It doesn't get more douchey than throwing a bunch of bills at a stripper and then trying to take them back.) Half of the Cincinatti Bengals team?
This is a good point, but to my way of thinking, outright criminality goes beyond "douchebag" status. The whole point of douchebaggery is that the douchebag isn't so much truly threatening or damnably morally reprehensible... he's just kind of... a douche. Sabbatini is a great candidate.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not gay!

173077902_4b6576ddc1_m.jpg

I'm also not gay!

jeff_garcia2.jpg

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Care to elaborate?

OK, so maybe it was unfair to put Dr. Z in there. I haven't read him in years.

But my opinion is based on my bewilderment that a guy could always be so wrong in his predictions and yet maintain his SI job for so long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads