1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest bs answer from a online retailer (Everlane)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by robc, Nov 27, 2012.

1. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Your inability to move on and accept the fact that they can choose whether they want to deal with international shipping makes you sound like a petulant child.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    4 people like this.
  2. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

They do not ship to Canada. Sucks. They give you their explanation. You say it sucks. So, at the end of it all, in this case it sucks to live in Canada.

Find a proxy, take a trip Stateside, do something other than complaining about something you cannot change.

1 person likes this.
  3. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

What we didnt see is an appreciation for receiving a personally drafted response that wasnt just a copy and paste job. Buy your tee-shirt elsewhere

4. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

the customer service email sounds reasonable. If a retailer could, they would ship internationally. Who doesn't want more business?

5. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

wow i looked all the posts here. i think the guy is a troll. Probably some of the Everlane's competitor send him here.

I think the big department stores like neiman or barney's start to do international shipping in 09 or 10. Before then, i couldn't ship out of state. Even now, there are still some items couldn't be shipped to Canada. The guy is just ignoring the effort Everlane is putting.

6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

insert "butthurt form" jpeg here. in honor of OP.

7. saiyar1

saiyar1 Senior member

You're being an unreasonable shithead. They gave a very detailed reason why and seem to know exactly what they are talking about. Be patient or buy somewhere else. They know this is losing them business and probably tried to explain thoroughly so that you'll shop with them and not be disgruntled when Canadian shipping is up and running. Alas, you are still acting like a juvenile asshole.

Now apologize. NOW.

8. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

im glad the OP is the only one who is not getting this. kudos, other SFers. :thumbs-up:

9. JustChris

JustChris Senior member

Lovely.

As he was trying to point out to you, shipping to Alaska (which is a state, by the way, not a foreign country, despite being non-contiguous not touching) is customs free. For legal purposes, the package doesn't leave the United States. The same is true of shipments to Hawaii (it's a state, too!), Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and a couple of other territories you probably can't find on a map.

Now go away and don't come back until you understand how to use facts and basic logic when posting. That's what grownups do.

1 person likes this.
  10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

11. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

This post is informative.
    I didn't realize international shipping was this much of a hassle for small retailers.

12. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Its a hassle for all retailers.

13. Andrew Birch

Andrew Birch New Member

Poor simpleton doesn't understand the nature of customs, brokerage and duties. And seriously... do you think their Alaska shipments ever set foot in Canada? Silly.

Their (Everlane's) response seems not only reasonable, but dead accurate. Shipping small items to Canada in large separate numbers can be extremely taxing. Labeling requirements are also a legal issue to deal with. Luckily, they have just opened a Canadian store. This should remove these pesky shipping obstacles!

Welcome to Canada Everlane!

1 person likes this.
  14. biged781

biged781 Senior member

OP, Your childish sense of entitlement is amusing. They don't have to ship anywhere if it doesn't make business sense to do so.

On a side note, everlane, please stop perstering me to sign in on every darn page I navigate to. It is terribly annoying. In case this is a bug (I hope it is) I am using Chrome.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.