Bigger upset- Yankees or Lakers?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by esquire., Nov 4, 2004.

1. esquire.

esquire. Senior member

What was the bigger upset, the Lakers losing to the Pistons in the NBA Finals or the Yankees blowing their 3-0 lead over Boston Red Sox in the ACLS?

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

The Lakers was a bigger upset but you could see both of them happening. IMO the Sox were a better team than the Yankees, however the Lakers were a better team IMO. I don't consider the Sox winning an upset at all.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I agree, mostly. The Lakers thing was a real upset - they had great talent and played like crap, the Pistons had heart and played really well (I'm a huge Lakers fan, BTW, but the truth is the truth).

The Sox beating the Yankees was not really an upset, just very, very, unexpected.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

(LA Guy @ 04 Nov. 2004, 1:11) The Sox beating the Yankees was not really an upset, just very, very, unexpected.
    Agree- I think it was more the circumstances of the win really mixed with the history.
    I found it to be more of an excite than an upset. I am of course disappointed about the Lakers as I've grown up a Lakers fan, but I can't say that it didn't have to happen some time or another.

5. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

All I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed watching both those teams lose.

koji