• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big relationship trouble!

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I think you mean "requited", unless you're a dog-hater.
wink.gif

Yeah, for unrequited love, you gotta get a cat. Apologies, of course, to the late RJCat.

Reminds me of the old joke: Rescue a dog and take him in and he thinks you're God. Rescue a cat and take him in and he thinks he's God.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn Lawyer Dad where were you when I was 15. Really good advice and very very true in Hindsight. I turned away some rather hot/fun girls (including my once sugar Momma who was about 4'11" Hawian/Japanese and really hot) to be stuck feeling controlled in the end and hating life. Took a long time to get out of that one but Things are great now that I learned my lesson and became confident.
Anyways JB just try to keep it all undercontrol let the girl go. Trust me just because a girl is older that doesnt mean **** for her maturity level. Girls your age till their 20s (sometimes later) have no Idea what they really want and change their mind often. Also you shouldnt be locking yourself down at that age. You will grow a lot. Being stuck with one girl you two will grow differently as you age into proper adults, eventually you will realize that she is nothing like who you fell in love with and you will be a completely different man than you were at a younger age. Please do go out and date girls, dont let this deter you from doing that but just stay open, dont get too serious with any girl. You never know what you might like two years from now or hell when you get your first car.

Oh and try not to mope about this too long, lifes too short man. One day you will wake up and realize that you are in your 30s looking out for a kid who is in your same position.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I think weve reached the point where we just let him make his own mistakes now. Not yet wise enough to learn from ours.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I have decided that I am just going to try and be her friend first. Yes I have feelings for her and she knows that, but I will try my best not to let them show when I talk to her or do anything else. Maybe this is meant to be later in life, maybe not, I don't know. But for the time being I am just going to act normal and like none of this ever happened. If she always bashes me for making a mistake, then I guess she isn't the kind of girl I thought she was, but only time will tell for that. I'll have to wait and see. In the meantime I won't be emailing her or anything asking for forgiveness and all that, I'll just talk to her as normal.

Does that sound like an okay plan or does anyone have any other suggestions, other than not talking to her and ignoring her on purpose? I really don't want to do that but if I absolutely have to I guess I will.

Brian

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Well I have decided that I am just going to try and be her friend first. Yes I have feelings for her and she knows that, but I will try my best not to let them show when I talk to her or do anything else. Maybe this is meant to be later in life, maybe not, I don't know. But for the time being I am just going to act normal and like none of this ever happened. If she always bashes me for making a mistake, then I guess she isn't the kind of girl I thought she was, but only time will tell for that. I'll have to wait and see. In the meantime I won't be emailing her or anything asking for forgiveness and all that, I'll just talk to her as normal.

Does that sound like an okay plan or does anyone have any other suggestions, other than not talking to her and ignoring her on purpose? I really don't want to do that but if I absolutely have to I guess I will.

Brian

Brian - all of us are saying the same thing - stop talking to this girl and get a life. you aren't listening.

metkirk

Reaction score
It'll be a lot of pain Brian. I was in the worst time of my life when I had to break up, just when I thought everything was going fine it got messed up horribly. I fixed the problem by buying loads of stuff for meself
devil.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
give it up Zach

yes, one day soon I will have my very own teenagers who make me want to slap sense into them. this is just practice.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Brian

Don't do anything "on purpose". Don't go out of your way to try to be her friend (it'll just make things worse, since you obviously don't feel like being just a friend), but don't ignore her either, just treat her like a casual acquaintance, the type you promise to get coffee with when you meet on the street, and know you'll never make plans to actually do so.

Get on with your life. Study. Do sports. Find other friends. She'll be gone soon enough, and in a few years, you'll probably meet her by chance, maybe have a coffee, catch up, and in all likelihood find yourself thinking "Hmmm... no idea why I used to be crazy over this girl." Then you'll say bye, and that'll be pretty much it.

Good luck.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Brian

Brian,

Stop trying to be her friend for you already have established whatever friendship that still exists. Your mistake, like we have all made, is that you are trying to hard to make something happen that isn't happening for you right now.
Please listen to us and remove yourself from this chapter in your life. As for finding someone else, that won't happen by seeking your next girlfriend.
People find each other by chance and before you know it, it will come your way. Be patient with yourself, fill your life with your friends, get involved with sports, clubs, family and it will all happen for the best.
Brian, my grandmother used to say to me when I was in your position "Don't worry, if you miss the bus there will be another one comming along soon!"

Best Regards,

Gary

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kill Bill.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite True Gary, you never know where you might meet girls that could turn out to be totally cool, especially when you are not looking. I have met girls all over the place when I was looking but it wasnt till I was tied down and not looking that I found the best girlfriend of my life.
Anyways homeboy isnt listening to us guys so spose we will just wait and who knows by the time the girl goes to college perhaps he would have moved on (or she will finally stop contact with him like he wants)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads