• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big Pony on Ebay

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the big pony Polo on Ebay? Having a hard time deciphering what is real and what is fake. I am staying away from International sellers, but noticed some U.S. sellers.

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I have looked for them on Ebay as well and decided to stay away. SOme of the prices are too good and there are too many on there to think I would get a real one. Some look phone just from the pic and while some do look legit, I have decided not to take any chances.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch them. I come from the Philippines, which manufactures Ralph Lauren polos. Big Ponys are faked and sold on every street corner. Some are outright fakes; some have the Polo Sport logo inside, for example. Others look very much like the real thing, from the texture on the logo (or the multicolored logo pony) to the feel of the fabric.

Durden

Reaction score
i'm also looking for big pony polo's and slim fitting white V-neck T's but im from europe. any ideas on how to get real ones for me?? thanks

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beckwith
Has anyone purchased the big pony Polo on Ebay? Having a hard time deciphering what is real and what is fake. I am staying away from International sellers, but noticed some U.S. sellers.

I wouldn't buy them in the first place, real or not. The big pony is very gauche.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I wouldn't buy them in the first place, real or not. The big pony is very gauche.

I have to agree with NoVa....

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I have to agree with NoVa....

Thirded... I'm not sure whats up with polo manufacturers and the new trend of big logos. I saw some express polos with HUGE ******* LIONS on them (literally 4" or bigger) I dunno why they even came up with that logo, they'll probably change it in a year or so anyways. That store is so schizophernic...

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Agreed, extremely tacky. It is like saying " I WEAR POLO, SEE, LOOK AT MY ENORMOUS PONY LOGO!!!"....ugh

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean, cmon!
pPOLO2-2919309_lifestyle_v330.jpg

Martin

Reaction score
As you can see in the picture, the big Polo is a novelty from RL especially designed for the US Open. RL is a major sponsor, I believe.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I mean, cmon!

That is f***ing ridiculous. Besides the fact that it makes this guy look like he's having some sort of athletic identity crisis. ("Tennis? Polo? Tennis? Polo? -- oh won't someone please tell me which is more tradly?")

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I mean, cmon!

Hey, at least the dude is matching and his collar isn't popped.
tongue.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Hey, at least the dude is matching and his collar isn't popped.
tongue.gif

Looks like he's ready to dive, with his 200m water resistant watch as well.

gza

Reaction score
I never understood why people even care if something as ostentatiously logoed as this is authentic or not. If the only distinctive feature it has to offer is that logo, does it matter if it really came from the actual Polo factory or not?

alexpham

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gza
I never understood why people even care if something as ostentatiously logoed as this is authentic or not. If the only distinctive feature it has to offer is that logo, does it matter if it really came from the actual Polo factory or not?

Fakes tend to fit like a blanket. And does anyone ever really want a fake anything if they can help it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads