• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big legs?

Squall.Leonhart

Reaction score
I'm by no means fat (6', 170 lbs.) but I have really muscular legs from years of heavy power lifting for football (I was about 205 lbs. a couple of years ago while in-season!) I lost a lot of mass once I was done playing from not caring about eating enough or lifting seriously (even though I ate VERY healthy, no junk). I'm pretty lean right now, but the only problem is I didn't lost much muscle in my legs (or ass for that matter). I don't carry to much fat up top, nor a lot of muscle so I look really unbalanced. I want to get back to wearing slimmer cut jeans (like before I played sports), but I don't know what to do. My thighs are about 23" at their widest point, and my true waist is about 32". How can a make them smaller WITHOUT losing too much strength? I've prioritized upper body, and deadlift only now once per week (I still sprint), and dropped squats. Do I need to just lose BF? I already look about 150 up top! When I try on jeans like APC New Cures or Nudie Thin Finn's for example, everything looks fine until about 1/2 way up my thigh. EDIT - Here are some pics of me trying on some APC New Cure's for example...
02120916421fi1.jpg
02120916431om9.jpg
02120916432no8.jpg

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The easiest thing is to accept very slim jeans arent for you. Thats what I did, but I never liked that style to begin with.

Other than that, eat less and do more cardio, and your muscles will be eaten away, albiet slowly.

ShyBoy

Reaction score
you actually have to stop leg training all together,as minimal training will just cause you to maintain the unwanted size you have now

Squall.Leonhart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ShyBoy
you actually have to stop leg training all together,as minimal training will just cause you to maintain the unwanted size you have now

Ah ****. I was kinda hoping that wouldn't be the case...

dimshum

Reaction score
Wow, am I the only one who thinks there's nothing wrong with his legs? They don't seem big at all. In fact, the jeans look like they fit how they should.

ShyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dimshum
Wow, am I the only one who thinks there's nothing wrong with his legs? They don't seem big at all. In fact, the jeans look like they fit how they should.

its all relative

it comes down to his shoulder/chest,waist/hips/upper thigh/lower thigh/calves ratio

if one of them is out of wa\\hack,it then throws off your proportions

southgate house

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dimshum

I agree.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They really don't look that big. My legs look like sausages in New Standards...

ShyBoy

Reaction score
post a front on full body pic , shot at waist level,that way there will be no distortion

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just measured myself, and my thighs are also exactly 23" around. I wear Slim Jims and think they're just fine, and women seem to appreciate them as well. I wouldn't worry about it.

This is how mine fit the day I bought them. They've stretched slightly since then. I wear them with briefs, as boxers are too bulky.

DSCF2928.jpg

ShyBoy

Reaction score
you need to post a full body pic,that way we can tell if your legs are in proportion to your upper body

Squall.Leonhart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ShyBoy
you need to post a full body pic,that way we can tell if your legs are in proportion to your upper body

I'm trying to find one. Those APC's above were tried on in the store :/

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are big legs? Ummm...

Anyway, just lower volume for your workouts. 3x3s and such.

aleeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaydc7
They really don't look that big. My legs look like sausages in New Standards...

Dude, this!

They aren't big at all. You look fine and stop thinking you're going to bust up your pants.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
wtf? 23" thigh is big? my thighs are 25" of pretty much all muscle and I do zero in the way of specific leg training.

big thighs are like 27"+...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads