• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big feet and muscular legs but I want Chelsea boots with skinny jeans.

Fluron

Reaction score
Hello experts, my problem that I’m having is that I have UK size 12 feet and very large legs. I want to be able to wear skinny jeans (I’ve managed to get that part down) and Chelsea boots / no lace boots with the jeans covering them. The problem is that every pair of boots I try on have a large opening which leaves my jeans no room to sit on top, thus leaving a huge hole between the jeans and shoe. What I’m looking for is a boot that has a narrower opening so that my jeans can fit over. Any advice would be great.

Ps. I have tried looser jeans but it doesn’t really make a difference since the opening is so large. I have thus far only found one boot to be suitable but it was way too narrow in the actual shoe itself.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen skinny jeans worn over boots. The concept just doesn't work to me - I mean skinny jeans are supposed to be snug at the ankles - it makes no sense to try and put any type of boot between them and your ankle. Especially a chelsea which is going to be loose fitting around the ankle by design. Usually when I see anyone with boots and skinny pants the pants are bunched up on top anyway. I would also think when you're sitting it woudl be partiularly poor looking since the boots wouldn't hug the shin and would push out.

Alpha11

Reaction score
I agree with John 70 on this one. I will also add this bit of advise. Just because you "want" to wear something it is not a prerequisite to you having to wear it.

Part of understanding " style" and fashion is knowing the difference between the two. Knowing what works best for your body type, complexion, eyes. .etc is where style begins to come into play.

If you have a size 12 shoes and do not have the height to balance it out then the last thing you will want to do is have skinny trousers with boots on. Nothing you have on will matter because your feet will command all the attention.

Fluron

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen skinny jeans worn over boots. The concept just doesn't work to me - I mean skinny jeans are supposed to be snug at the ankles - it makes no sense to try and put any type of boot between them and your ankle. Especially a chelsea which is going to be loose fitting around the ankle by design. Usually when I see anyone with boots and skinny pants the pants are bunched up on top anyway. I would also think when you're sitting it woudl be partiularly poor looking since the boots wouldn't hug the shin and would push out.
I agree with John 70 on this one. I will also add this bit of advise. Just because you "want" to wear something it is not a prerequisite to you having to wear it.

Part of understanding " style" and fashion is knowing the difference between the two. Knowing what works best for your body type, complexion, eyes. .etc is where style begins to come into play.

If you have a size 12 shoes and do not have the height to balance it out then the last thing you will want to do is have skinny trousers with boots on. Nothing you have on will matter because your feet will command all the attention.
I’m 6’2. Most people never notice I have large feet due to my height. Also, when I say skinny, it’s mostly slim/tapered. I usually can’t fit into skinny fit but slim basically looks the same on me.

Alpha11

Reaction score
I’m 6’2. Most people never notice I have large feet due to my height. Also, when I say skinny, it’s mostly slim/tapered. I usually can’t fit into skinny fit but slim basically looks the same on me.
I understood what you were trying to say but wanted to make sure. This is why I used the word skinny rather than tapered.

If you have not had issues with being balance to your wardrobe style as far as the length of your feet verse the taper of your trousers then you should be fine. I will still stand by my original statement in that you want to make sure that you have a "clean" transition from your trouser to your boot.

Meaning any excess fabric where the boot and trousers meet should be avoided. So if the taper is causing the leg to bunch up then it is too tight or too long. The whole point of the taper look in regards to trousers is create a seamless line from your hip to your shoes. This means that your pockets should lay flat as well. I say this because I see too many young men that try the slim look that have the pockets flaring out. This is caused by either the waist, seat, or thigh being too tight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads