• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bible Belt Classroom

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wendy is cute.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
All of NY isn't Manhattan and Albany . . .

Appalachian_region_of_United_States.gif

Yes but I am way north of that area (which, BTW, isn't Appalachian; at least not in the stereotypical sense, i.e. WV or KY hillfolk). Few miles from Canada.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
I fail to see how a person believing or disbelieving in evolution has any effect on our day-to-day lives. As well, "Creationism makes Americans suck at science" seems like a pretty soggy formulation to me, especially coming- as it typically does- from people who purport to uphold the most rigorous standards of scientificity.
Here's one: "The ethic of conservation is the explicit abnegation of man's dominion over the Earth. The lower species are here for our use. God said so: Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and **** the planet -- it's yours. That's our job: drilling, mining and stripping. Sweaters are the anti-Biblical view. Big gas-guzzling cars with phones and CD players and wet bars -- that's the Biblical view."

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Well, here's one:

The ethic of conservation is the explicit abnegation of man's dominion over the Earth. The lower species are here for our use. God said so: Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and **** the planet -- it's yours. That's our job: drilling, mining and stripping. Sweaters are the anti-Biblical view. Big gas-guzzling cars with phones and CD players and wet bars -- that's the Biblical view.

You mean like this huge, energy sucking mansion where this bible thumping right winger lives, with the SUV in the driveway?

al-gores-home-in-nashville.jpg

Wait, wut? That's AL GORE'S HOUSE!

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
I fail to see how a person believing or disbelieving in evolution has any effect on our day-to-day lives.

As well, "Creationism makes Americans suck at science" seems like a pretty soggy formulation to me, especially coming- as it typically does- from people who purport to uphold the most rigorous standards of scientificity.

Here's one:

"The ethic of conservation is the explicit abnegation of man's dominion over the Earth. The lower species are here for our use. God said so: Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and **** the planet -- it's yours. That's our job: drilling, mining and stripping. Sweaters are the anti-Biblical view. Big gas-guzzling cars with phones and CD players and wet bars -- that's the Biblical view."

How is an Ann Coulter quote a relevant response? She's neither one of those people that has any effect on day-to-day life nor one of those people who purport to uphold scientific standards.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
How is an Ann Coulter quote a relevant response? She's neither one of those people that has any effect on day-to-day life nor one of those people who purport to uphold scientific standards.

And more than that, why has Al Gore molded his life style around what Ann Coulter says?
confused.gif

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328

She can't be the only one.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Again, Al Gore!

I don't know who she is, but yes, there could be plenty.

Al might be a Beta male, but he is male.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Definitely Tennessee.

These kinds of videos are a diversion from the real problems in education and society, which isn`t actually religion.

The only thing I could suggest, to give you full perspective, is that you go stay a month or two in these regions, go to church with them, spend some time chatting with them. Though these folks might not impress you with their Hadron Colliders, they also aren`t the people who are destroying your economy OR your environment (after all, many of them have lived off the same land for generations), stealing your stuff, buying houses they can`t afford, and having lots of children on welfare while using drugs and free medicare. Typically, your very religious southerner would saw their own leg off to help their neighbor, if they could, and generally keep to themselves while not asking for much in return.

So what that their ideas are crap; I guess all you girls were just lucky all to have gone to Exeter and Eton for school. Public school in general is ****, with **** teachers, and for most students, public school succeeds only making students hate school and want to get as far away as possible. At least, at that school, the kids have a reason (a HIGHER reason) not to shoot their teacher in the face. As a teacher, trust me, that`s worth a lot.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Definitely Tennessee.

These kinds of videos are a diversion from the real problems in education and society, which isn`t actually religion.

The only thing I could suggest, to give you full perspective, is that you go stay a month or two in these regions, go to church with them, spend some time chatting with them. Though these folks might not impress you with their Hadron Colliders, they also aren`t the people who are destroying your economy OR your environment (after all, many of them have lived off the same land for generations), stealing your stuff, buying houses they can`t afford, and having lots of children on welfare while using drugs and free medicare. Typically, your very religious southerner would saw their own leg off to help their neighbor, if they could, and generally keep to themselves while not asking for much in return.

So what that their ideas are crap; I guess all you girls were just lucky all to have gone to Exeter and Eton for school. Public school in general is ****, with **** teachers, and for most students, public school succeeds only making students hate school and want to get as far away as possible. At least, at that school, the kids have a reason (a HIGHER reason) not to shoot their teacher in the face. As a teacher, trust me, that`s worth a lot.

Everyone from the Heartland appreciates your post (and others like it on the subject) but surely by now you realize that it's a lost cause on this forum, yeah?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Everyone from the Heartland appreciates your post (and others like it on the subject) but surely by now you realize that it's a lost cause on this forum, yeah?

I do, but the circle jerk of `OMG WE ARE FROM NYC AND CALI WHICH MEANS WE ARE AWWEESUMM` gets old.

When the **** hits the fan, and we ALL think it is going to hit the fan, you want to be in TN and KY, with three or four hillbillies nearby. They have all the practical knowledge, and all the weapons. If you really think being in NYC with some stock brokers, or with me and a bunch of Uni profs talking about adverbs, Petrarch sonnets, and the bilabial fricative, is going to help, then go for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics