1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bexley shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Donald, May 15, 2008.

1. Flynn

Flynn Member

Hello!

How is Bexley's Enfield in terms of fending off (quite a lot) of snow and such?? Is the sole enough?

I'd appreciate an answer!

2. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

I suppose if you buy it with rubber sole, any leather sole shoe is not good for snow and bad weather.

3. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

Screw em! I ordered a pair of double monks in my size during their online sale, placed my order. They email me to tell me that they will require a Bank transaction for new customers outside of EU (they couldn't run my Mastercard, which has never had any problems with international purchases before). I say fine, here is my information, then they tell me the size that I BOUGHT isn't available any longer. They we're completely unwilling to budge or offer any consolation / customer service even after I expressed through email communication how upset this made me as a new and possible future customer.

Needless to say I wont be buying any of their shoes.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  4. XFi1382

XFi1382 Active Member

Any more info on Bexley quality? I know you cannot expect too much of it for its price, but are they price-quality wise OK?
    Especially interested in the Bellagio and Edward II

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  5. XFi1382

XFi1382 Active Member

BUMP

6. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

As others have said, Bexley are good quality for the money. Check out today's WAYWRN - I am wearing Bexley's Paul model.

7. XFi1382

XFi1382 Active Member

They indeed look decent. I would mostly use these shoes (probably Edward II in Chestnut and Bellagio in Black) as my 'rainy-day' shoes and to go out with friends to bars/clubs, because these things (rain, lot's of people, alcohol,...) can ruin my higher-quality shoes quickly :)

Thanks for your reply, upr_crust!

8. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

I bought three pairs about a month ago--Stanfords in black and brown (I have a soft spot for wholecuts) and the Jermyn model boot in "chocolat." Initial impressions are that they fit true to size, seem well constructed (all three of mine are Goodyear welt) but that the leather uppers are more durable than soft, even after applying leather conditioner. If you get them, I would take the time to do multiple conditionings to soften the leather. Very comfortable, though, and both pairs of the Stanfords have worn well thus far.

As far as shipping et al, once I convinced my bank that the shoes were indeed a purchase I wanted to make and not a fraudulent transaction, they arrived in five days from date of shipping and had no issues in clearing customs. I will very likely buy from them again.

9. XFi1382

XFi1382 Active Member

So all in all we can conclude that it is amazing bang for bucks? Will get my 2 pair soon!

Cheers

10. Geezer

Geezer Senior member

You get what you pay for, of course, and they are inexpensive shoes, but I can't think you can get much better for the price. Much better than what is typically sold for that sort of money.

11. XFi1382

XFi1382 Active Member

I guess that's be enough, given that I would consider them for rain/bar/club :)

They look decent, and with a bit of luck, they will survive a 2 years. By than, the upper will be too badly damaged I guess. That is why I don't want to use my good shoes for these sort of occasions...

12. upsdelivery

upsdelivery Member

Any comments on their belt?

13. dnmtsn

dnmtsn Active Member

I bought a pair of loafers (melrose) size 40, which is my size of course... but I wasn't able to put them on, I think they were two sizes smaller. Couldn't return them (my fault, long story) so I don't know much else. I got a suede belt with the shoes which is quite fine at 29EUR.
    Now I'm looking at the Ledger chukka boot in black suede and the Irving boots, but am hesitating because of the size issue. I sent them an e-mail, wating for a reply.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014