• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bexley shoes

Seymour

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone comment on their Oxfords (fit, quality)? Am thinking of getting a pair but unsure.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seymour
Hi, can anyone comment on their Oxfords (fit, quality)? Am thinking of getting a pair but unsure.

Do you mean Oxfords in general or a particular model ?

Bexley leather seems to be mature hide, so it is durable but it needs to be broken in. Bexley offer black and usually one shade of brown so no good for many forum shoe types who will not wear black but want a choice of other colours.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled upon the brand... is there anyone else who can comment?

I find this suede derby quite attractive (Chester):

chester_velours_havane.jpg

flashkobalt

Reaction score
Considering a pair of the suede oxfords and just wanted to see if anyone had any experiences regarding sizing/fit...

I assume the quality is average to decent, but they certainly don't seem terrible...

Claus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flashkobalt
I assume the quality is average to decent, but they certainly don't seem terrible...

The quality is OK considering the price. Although it seems some French shoe enthusiasts seem to prefer Markowski today.

Sizing is hard to get right, since they still don't tell on which last a particular model is build.

Flynn

Reaction score
Hello!

How is Bexley's Enfield in terms of fending off (quite a lot) of snow and such?? Is the sole enough?

I'd appreciate an answer!

Rankiz

Reaction score

Hello!
How is Bexley's Enfield in terms of fending off (quite a lot) of snow and such?? Is the sole enough?
I'd appreciate an answer!

I suppose if you buy it with rubber sole, any leather sole shoe is not good for snow and bad weather.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screw em! I ordered a pair of double monks in my size during their online sale, placed my order. They email me to tell me that they will require a Bank transaction for new customers outside of EU (they couldn't run my Mastercard, which has never had any problems with international purchases before). I say fine, here is my information, then they tell me the size that I BOUGHT isn't available any longer. They we're completely unwilling to budge or offer any consolation / customer service even after I expressed through email communication how upset this made me as a new and possible future customer.

Needless to say I wont be buying any of their shoes.

Last edited:

XFi1382

Reaction score
Any more info on Bexley quality? I know you cannot expect too much of it for its price, but are they price-quality wise OK?
Especially interested in the Bellagio and Edward II

Last edited:

XFi1382

Reaction score
Any more info on Bexley quality? I know you cannot expect too much of it for its price, but are they price-quality wise OK?
Especially interested in the Bellagio and Edward II
BUMP

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As others have said, Bexley are good quality for the money. Check out today's WAYWRN - I am wearing Bexley's Paul model.

XFi1382

Reaction score
As others have said, Bexley are good quality for the money. Check out today's WAYWRN - I am wearing Bexley's Paul model.

They indeed look decent. I would mostly use these shoes (probably Edward II in Chestnut and Bellagio in Black) as my 'rainy-day' shoes and to go out with friends to bars/clubs, because these things (rain, lot's of people, alcohol,...) can ruin my higher-quality shoes quickly :)

Thanks for your reply, upr_crust!

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought three pairs about a month ago--Stanfords in black and brown (I have a soft spot for wholecuts) and the Jermyn model boot in "chocolat." Initial impressions are that they fit true to size, seem well constructed (all three of mine are Goodyear welt) but that the leather uppers are more durable than soft, even after applying leather conditioner. If you get them, I would take the time to do multiple conditionings to soften the leather. Very comfortable, though, and both pairs of the Stanfords have worn well thus far.

As far as shipping et al, once I convinced my bank that the shoes were indeed a purchase I wanted to make and not a fraudulent transaction, they arrived in five days from date of shipping and had no issues in clearing customs. I will very likely buy from them again.

XFi1382

Reaction score
So all in all we can conclude that it is amazing bang for bucks? Will get my 2 pair soon!

Cheers

Geezer

Reaction score
You get what you pay for, of course, and they are inexpensive shoes, but I can't think you can get much better for the price. Much better than what is typically sold for that sort of money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads