Bexley shoe pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Achilles_, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Anyone have pictures of them in the wild? All I can find are the pictures on their website. I would love to see their brown leather and brown suede IRL but even a picture from a member here would be very helpful [​IMG]

2. Geoff Gander

Geoff Gander Senior member

I'd suggest eBay.fr - the photos on the store website aren't a turn-on, and that's the only other place I've seen them pictured.

3. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I'd suggest eBay.fr - the photos on the store website aren't a turn-on, and that's the only other place I've seen them pictured.

Good call thank you [​IMG]

I'm glad I asked! After looking at those pictures I really noticed the toe of Bexley shoes. It looks a bit off to me.

4. Geoff Gander

Geoff Gander Senior member

I know what you mean - some Bexleys are quite meh. Finsbury looks like a bit of a step up.

These Bexley's don't look bad, though.

Although, if I had serious cash and wanted French shoes I'd probably buy Aubercy, like these beauties, or these. But I find a lot of French higher-end shoes have really pointy lasts, which I don't like.

5. dennis1024

dennis1024 Member

6. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I know what you mean - some Bexleys are quite meh. Finsbury looks like a bit of a step up.

These Bexley's don't look bad, though.

Although, if I had serious cash and wanted French shoes I'd probably buy Aubercy, like these beauties, or these. But I find a lot of French higher-end shoes have really pointy lasts, which I don't like.

Here are a few pictures:
    http://shoes.cogimator.net/Marque/11/Bexley
    Wouldn't recommend them though.

Thank you guys! It looks like I will stick with English made shoes for now [​IMG]

7. quuz

quuz Senior member

Ive been abusing my bexley enfield this winter. Have been wearing them everyday through constant 5 inch snow, alot of salt and lately alot of slush/rain and I must say Im impressed. Since they were very cheap I didnt except them to hold up this good.

Not my pics but after a hard winter mine looks pretty much like these.
    One of the members asked me to post pictures of my Bexley Einfield boots. These have been worn probably a dozen times or so:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also dont find them too pointy, the toe is shaped perfectly imo, still rounded but not pointy.

8. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I would have no problem with the boots, they look great I think. Its their oxfords that I don't quite care for.

9. rossi

rossi Well-Known Member

I have 3 pairs of Bexleys (monkstrap, jodphurs and moc) and I'm very satisfied with them, considering the price.
    I'm actually debating wether to purchase the Enfields above or some Chelsea boots.

10. blahman

blahman Senior member

I quite like the look of bexleys cap oxfords actually. Too bad their shippings so ridiculously expensive else i would have bought a pair :S

11. Scotty

Scotty Senior member

I've just received two pairs of shoes from Bexley and, due to the lack of real pictures of them, I'll post them here: Bexley Berkeley in black [​IMG] Bexley Wembley Classic in chestnut [​IMG] This is my first shoes order from Bexley. I ordered my ordinary size and they seem to fit well though I don't have a high instep or other special needs in shoes. The loafer slips from the heel when I walk but, as I found on this great forum, that can be normal in new loafers until they start to flex some. So, I'll keep them as they're clearly my size. Being my first goodyear welted, calf leather shoes, I, somehow, expected to be amazed, and that was not the case. The leather in the oxford is clearly less shiny than my old black dress shoes, that were really ugly corrected leather, but it doesn't impressed me as amazingly bette. Anyhow I'm sure it is better being softer and more "pliable". I'm not a leather expet but it just don't look so different from other leather shoes I have. The loafers have a couple of points darker than the rest (like little ink stains) and also a couple of clearer spots. I assume this to be normal in real calf, at least the clearer parts, not so the stains. The inner finish is poorer than in the oxfords, with visible glue around the insole. All in all, they don't look bad and will probably serve me well for some years. Also, there are no calf leather, goodyear welted shoes that I can buy locally at those prices: buying two pairs of shoes and dividing the shipping between the two pairs they ended costing 111 € each. I'll start wearing them and maybe report about comfort. Of course, I don't have any ties with Bexley. Just thought this could be of some help to people looking, as I was, for some info on their shoes. Have a nice weekend everybody!

12. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

How have the shoes been? I would love to see some pictures after being worn for a few months :)

13. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

Yes please do. If something is too good to be true, it probably is, but I've heard much good about Bexley when you compare them to their price... and two pair of shoes for £189 is really superb! :)

14. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

Yes, indeed this thread needs an update.

15. AxlJack

AxlJack Senior member

Anybody have any pics or info on worn bexleys, looking to buy berkleys

Last edited: May 3, 2012